Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a sedan w/o the 10 speaker audio system or subwoofer. I've tried the Weathertech, Husky Liners, and Lloyd's trunk liners. They all come in a regular rectangle shape, which means that they miss about 10% of the entire trunk's surface area by missing the flare on the left and right side.

For a better illustration, carID has the exact shape it should be here (2014 FF, no sub).

I'm now at 3 liners that don't provide full coverage. What's the point of these things if there's exposed trunk surface area?

·
Registered
368 Posts
The OEM Ford Focus trunk liner is a perfect fit. And it can often be purchased for far less than Weathertech or Husky - MSRP is around $99, and I paid $75 for mine from a Ford dealer who sells on ebay.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I got one from Sam's club. Universal and covers everything.

Now if I can find something that will fit the whole space with seats down, I'll be happy. 99.9% of the time I have the seats fully down.

Missed that you have the sedan. No idea if that trunk is the same as the hatch. Sorry

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The OEM Ford Focus trunk liner is a perfect fit. And it can often be purchased for far less than Weathertech or Husky - MSRP is around $99, and I paid $75 for mine from a Ford dealer who sells on ebay.
Do you happen to know if it's the same thing that's in the trunk already? That little thin piece of material (similar to the floor mats) that is on top of the spare wheel? Or is it a different part altogether that's more rubbery?

You don't happen to have a link for it, do you? If my local dealer has this, I'd take it at this point for 100% coverage. I've paid $72 for the Lloyd's, $90 for HL, and $110 for WT. Returned all of them of course once I found that they wouldn't provide full coverage.

I got one from Sam's club. Universal and covers everything.

Now if I can find something that will fit the whole space with seats down, I'll be happy. 99.9% of the time I have the seats fully down.

Missed that you have the sedan. No idea if that trunk is the same as the hatch. Sorry
Yes, the sedan is definitely a different size than the hatch. The websites always make it a point to figure out which you have so they can offer the right size. I don't particularly want a universal one (even though it's going to be wayyyy cheaper) because I know I won't get that perfect 100% coverage that I'm looking for. If it's possible, then I'd be down!

·
Registered
368 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Hey guys. I am looking to buy good floor mats as I get dirty everyday at work. I looked at weather tech. Can anyone suggest a good product? I just know nothing about floormats. I am also looking for good seat covers AND the hatch area protection

·
Registered
368 Posts
I've got the Weather Tech floor mats, and I love them. Unlike some other floor mats, they cover the left foot rest area well. And they have a ten year warranty. Worth every penny.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
I have a sedan with the sub. I have the Husky Liner one. It's made for with or without the sub. You just trim off the sub part if you have one. Covers the whole floor.

Edit: I guess I see what you are saying. There is a little part on the right and left that is not covered? I'd have to go out and look at mine, cause I don't remember exactly what it looks like. I just had that pic on my phone.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Edit: I guess I see what you are saying. There is a little part on the right and left that is not covered? I'd have to go out and look at mine, cause I don't remember exactly what it looks like. I just had that pic on my phone.
Exactly! The left and right portions are not covered, so it would not protect from spills, etc. That area essentially becomes unusable since nothing fits in that small spot and I have to hope that everything I place in the trunk stays in the middle liner area.

No sub for me, but it looks like you also have that side issue there :/

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey guys. I am looking to buy good floor mats as I get dirty everyday at work. I looked at weather tech. Can anyone suggest a good product? I just know nothing about floormats. I am also looking for good seat covers AND the hatch area protection
I use the HuskyLiner products for the interior for the car. No complaints here.

I tried HL, Weathertech, and Loyd trunk liners and NONE of them gave me 100% coverage.

The only option now that is left is to buy the Ford OEM piece that purports to provide 100% coverage (but that's what the other three companies said as well). Hopefully that one will work.

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
The part to remember about them saying it's 100% coverage is that the carpeted area does not extend all the way out either. I use those spots to store stuff like my coolant bottle. As far as I can tell though, those spots are so you can lift up on the trunk liner and stuff to get your spare tire out. So full coverage is not going to be all the way back to the small sections on the left or right. I drive a sedan too, I don't have any liners in the back, hopefully one day, but I wouldn't expect to find anything that covers those two holes.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The part to remember about them saying it's 100% coverage is that the carpeted area does not extend all the way out either. I use those spots to store stuff like my coolant bottle. As far as I can tell though, those spots are so you can lift up on the trunk liner and stuff to get your spare tire out. So full coverage is not going to be all the way back to the small sections on the left or right. I drive a sedan too, I don't have any liners in the back, hopefully one day, but I wouldn't expect to find anything that covers those two holes.
It seems that the aftermarket ones definitely adhere to this, but the OEM rubber mat (linked above in the thread) actually does give 100% coverage, even on the sides. That's perfect for my needs, albeit I just need to go out and get one when it's on sale.

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
Well fancy that lol. I'm gonna have to grab an oem one too then :p

·
Registered
47 Posts
Thanks for the link! I ordered one for a hatch with sub last night :D Been wanting one for a while now and seeing the $20 off normal price made me cave in.

My Focus is getting lots of love this week at the expense of my wallet... Car insurance, new set of tires, hatch mat.. Haha!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts