Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How can I tell if there is a tune installed on my ECU?

Im having a bunch of problems with the car at the moment, and I believe its tune related. Is there a way I can check?

·
I AM DA FOCI FANATIC
3,715 Posts
If your check engine light is off you do not have a tune.

tunes throw a P1000 code if I remember right.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well, ive got a few problems.. Yeah, there are aftermarket parts, intake, TB, catback shifter, dogbone mount... ect..

it has a p1000 that wont go away, a p1338 and another code.. its not ideling right and my local dealer says their diagnostic computer shows it as an 03. I checked the ecu and it shows a 2004 number on it (verified with towsley ford)

Also, the CEL is not on, howerve when I started the car the light flashes.

Im taking it to another dealer on monday b/c these people are jerking me around, saying they cant flash the ecu back to stock because of the aftermarket parts blah blah blah.,.

·
I AM DA FOCI FANATIC
3,715 Posts
Wierd if it shows a p1000 code the light should be on.

Yes I would say you have a tune on it.

·
FF Affiliate
31,169 Posts
Are there aftermarket items on the car?

Cause if not then would wouldnt be a reason to get a tune.
Not true , A proper tune even more so on the SVT works wonders even in 100% stock form

Tom

·
FF Affiliate
31,169 Posts

Not true there is no way to tell if you have a aftermarket tune in your ECU unless you have the actual flasher that put it in there or try to flash it again with another flasher and it shows there is an after market tune there

P1000 is nothing more then "readyness test not complete" and this code will not set a CEL

If you have a performance tune you still can get a light

Tom

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
my cel is off and i HAVE a tune.

have you tried pulling the negative battery cable to let the PCM reset and re-learn?

changed the fuel filter lately?

but thats going into a technical type of chat, but Tom has answered the question in the original post

·
Registered
3,174 Posts

A tune will shut off the check engine light.

I get p1000 codes all the time on vehicles at work(Ford)....its 100% not tune related. Just like Tom said..."readiness test not complete" And once again...a p1000 code will NOT turn on the CEL.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts