Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see a lot of mods out there but all I'm seeing is for SVT's and ST's. It's a standard transmission and I want it to be a sleeper if thats even possible, I noticed that Focussport has some stealth exhaust, but I am unsure of compatibility with my '06 model. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Is yours not an ST? I dont recall seeing a ZX4 S...

·
Registered
775 Posts
Hiboost is making a kit for the 2.0 Duratech and the 2.3 Duratech that fits the stock bumper. I would look them up if you want true power, not just bolt-ons ^^

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
^^^Just to let u know there's no H in DURATEC...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ZX4 S is the basic model, doesn't have all the gadgetry, and it's a 2.0l 136bhp instead of the 2.3l 150+bhp of an ST

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I haven't been able to locate the Hiboost focus parts, maybe it's the us3r 2kb connection, but all I saw was Mazda parts, could you post a link?

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
they do have a turbo kit for the duratec, they dont have it posted as of yet because its new. but ive already gotten an e-mail on specifics on the kit.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
don't go turbo if it is your daily driver.

start with a focussport coldair intake and a quality exhuast, i recomend something stainless if you live in an aerea where the roads get salted

get a steeda short throw shifter and hit my pm box up for a good install on a tach for your car.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
yep start with cai then exhaust is where I would start

·
Registered
496 Posts
Do your own CAI. It'll cost you $25.00.
Ford Racing is selling a Rear Sub-Frame member with sway bar mounts for $230.00 if you "S" model dosn't have the mounts. This fits the '05 but I don't know about the '06.
They also sell the Short Throw Shift for $150.00.
And a Strut Tower brace for $99.00.

Well thats a start.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Where can I see what these kits look like on a vehicle? I can only find textual descriptions, I'd like to see these kits on ZX4's.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Good luck, the kits I have seen are very very mild. 800 bucks for a kit that drops an inch lower then the stock one.

As far as mods get a good exhaust 2.5 inch is what I am running and a CAI. Or goto Marcy Motorsports and get the power package. Comes with a super chip and CAI for like 600 bucks.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
yeah, plus, lower it an inch, buy low profile tires and you lowered it 2-3 inches in all...which will look much better than the original.

·
Registered
930 Posts
intake/exhaust/header/tune/SVT suspension/short throw shifter

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
plz stop recomending the svt suspension for the 2006 focus

thanks

any suspension for that*

steeda has spring but no one has dampeners

1 - 20 of 48 Posts