Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Focusless
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What can I do to make my exhaust louder with only like $50 to spend on it? Right now I just have stock, but it's completely silent. Any ideas cuz I dont wanna buy a whole exhaust kit thing.

PS: Imma noob at this stuff if you can't tell already, so take it easy on me [headbang]

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
lunchbox delete?

·
Banned
1,671 Posts
unbolt it from the flex pipe, remove the exhaust, and throw it in the nearest dumpster. VOILA! free and loud lol

but seriously the lunchbox delete is probably the best option. You could do it cheap like this or you could have an exhaust shop weld you in a pipe. But even paying a shop could be cheap, I had mine done for $20 (I already had an exhaust tip, spent $20 on that)

here's another link to do it without going to a shop to have t done
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=161654

·
Focusless
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay... I'll probably look into that. It sounds like a good idea until I can afford something solid. Has anyone ever heard of a glasspack or cherrybomb? A friend told me to get one, and I have no idea what they really are... could someone fill me in?

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
i've heard of glasspack and cherrybomb but dont know what they are exactly and dont know if many people on here have them, basically the lunchbox delete and having an exhaust shop add on some piping to the tip and your good to go.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Okay... I'll probably look into that. It sounds like a good idea until I can afford something solid. Has anyone ever heard of a glasspack or cherrybomb? A friend told me to get one, and I have no idea what they really are... could someone fill me in?
they are just a muffler. If you ever see 50's cars that are really loud, chances they have a glass pack or cherry bomb. It just gives the exhaust a very distinct sound. Once you've heard them, you won't forget 'em. NOT made for a 4 cyl.[headbang]

·
Focusless
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
haha.. but they are pretty inexpensive. i do want a loud exhaust, so maybe i should get a glass pack..?

lol.. why do you guys think i should stay away from them?

·
Don't read this!
2,341 Posts
^Nice! Just let it rust out then you will have what you want!!!

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
take it off lol

·
!FRENCH FRY!
4,236 Posts
because consensus seems to be that glasspacks and cherry bombs sound absolutely horrible on our 4 cylinder motors.

·
Banned
1,671 Posts
the only reason I say stay away from them is I'm not a fan of overly-loud 4 banger exhausts lol. If you're feelin it though don't hold back, DO IT! haha

·
Focusless
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ive seen a few focuses on youtube with the cherrybombs and glasspacks and i think it sounds pretty good. ill post some links when i get home but i dont think its too bad.

dont hate me lol

·
Banned
1,671 Posts
unfortunately I can't watch them because I'm in class (learning......lol yeah right) It's not that I'm against loud exhausts, but I can barely live with my Borla everyday (I know, I must be getting old and I'm only 19 haha) but it's probably got smoething to do with the fact that a typical day for me involves around 100 miles per day which usually translates to 2+ hours per day in my car. And my windows are always down if it's not raining. Some days I love the sound of my exhaust but other days I think to myself "WTF why did I put this thing on my car" lol.

If you want a loud exhaust go for it, I just don't want it in my DD. Now my weekend car (well technically it's my dad's but I drive it more than he does)....it's got no cats and an X-pipe and I love it [grinking]

/end thread jack lol

·
Focusless
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
take out the resonator..or take out the silencer..
also you could get an ebay aftermarket muffler
hey, im a big noob at this stuff, so i dont even know where to start with an ebay muffler. could you point me in the right direction with some links or names of things i should search for? sorry, i really am bad at this stuff.

and where is the silencer in the exhaust?

·
Premium Member
7,348 Posts
PLEASE for the love of god don't put a fart can on your car. If you're going to do something on the cheap, chop your resonator off and get a pipe welded in.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
don't get a cheap ebay exhaust man, they all just sound terrible. do the lunchbox delete, somebody posted the link to the thread on it earlier. its simple and sounds pretty good

·
Registered
144 Posts
yeah fart cans are for hondas and glasspacks or cherry bombs are for hotrods i have a set on my 64 impala or there good for 22re's if you know what those are lol

1 - 20 of 36 Posts