Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to know if I should go for an engine swap or just rebuild this engine and just build upon it.

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
Sell and buy faster car.

It'll save money and heartache.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
iminhell can talk, he's spent a lot of effort on his Alky Fueled street Zetec.

I'll move this to the Zetec Performance section then, since you can find most of the engine info. short of forced induction in that area.

There's potential in that one, if you'd answered "SPI" the potential is quite limited.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Yeah, that's an OBX copy of the SVT header.

Don't know how that one fits myself, the SVT one needs the matching dipstick/tube to fit right.

(Typin' at the same time I see)

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
Which one would have a greater impact tho?
IDK, it'd depend on the primary pipe sizes. And also the prices too. What exhaust are you running? What else mods are you looking at? Cams & tune & a t/b ? Do you have a dogbone & sts? What suspesion are you running?

·
So mote be it
8,959 Posts
How much are you budgeting for this? Also, not a power adder but will make the car more fun to drive; suspension/tire upgrades. The car is never going to be fast (short of forced induction,) making it fun in the corners is where it will put a smile on your face

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm just trying to get a list of things that I can get to add to the car so I can have more fun with it, I don't fully have a budget, just what I make at work

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
I'm just trying to get a list of things that I can get to add to the car so I can have more fun with it, I don't fully have a budget, just what I make at work
Start out w/ springs/dampers. The basic tune up parts, plugs, wires, fuel filter,air filter. Then go from there......

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
Speedway recyclers has an SVT header(used)for $110.00 shipped right now. You can use the extra money saved towards the other things that 1turbofocus mentioned.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
1 - 20 of 34 Posts