Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I get a smaller pully to increase the boost? Do they make a BBK for a non-svt? Will a different tune help? Answers to any of this will be helpfull.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
which one is better? I looked at the BBK and it seems good at a good price. It has larger injectors pully etc. I think even now I need larger injectors or fuel pump. You can hear it cut out when I'm really on it.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1turbofocus said:
I think CFM also has a larger crank pulley for the ZX3 as well , you will need a tune also

Tom
Will the crank pully help the HP? I'm guessing it does. Someone on here recomended getting a it tuned at a place near my house. What exactly will they do with a tune? Just put it on a dyno or what?

·
Registered
25,627 Posts
When its "cutting out" when you really get on it. I would stop doing that till you get a tune in there. You may cause problems if not..You can make the JRSC make much better than stock power, but it does have its limits.

·
Fins Up!
4,843 Posts
i have a bbk on a non svt focus and crower stage II cams. im running 30lb injectors and the stock fuel pump and fuel rail-225hp-dont have the overdrive pulley for the crank but i have thought about it!

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I read on JR's site that you need to use the stock crankshaft pully. It the kit hard to install? I'm buying the kit on the 15th.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
you should the stock crank pulley if you are running the BBK because if im not mistaking, you can overspin the supercharger and damage it. A different tune is proabably necessary, the blower itself doesnt have a tune in it, a tune is reflashed onto the ecu. I dont think an upgraded fuel rail is needed for the non-SVT kit, but im sure an aftermarket one wouldnt hurt. I didnt install mine because i had no-where and no tools but ive heard the install can easy be done if you have good tools and some time....good luck with it! [thumb]

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
SVT_BMXer said:
you should the stock crank pulley if you are running the BBK because if im not mistaking, you can overspin the supercharger and damage it. A different tune is proabably necessary, the blower itself doesnt have a tune in it, a tune is reflashed onto the ecu. I dont think an upgraded fuel rail is needed for the non-SVT kit, but im sure an aftermarket one wouldnt hurt. I didnt install mine because i had no-where and no tools but ive heard the install can easy be done if you have good tools and some time....good luck with it! [thumb]
Thanks. I'll keep you guys updated.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts