Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey chaps,

The window handle broke on the passenger side, and now I cannot roll down the window (at least I was lucky enough because it was rolled all the way up when it broke). I was honestly searching all the FAQs and How-To's but could find nothing. Does anybody know how to disassemble the door interior? When I get to the handle mechanism, I will be able to repair it on my own (I hope). I just need to know how to remove all the plastic interior. Thanks!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Go to the How-to thread.

Go down the page to the Focus car audio FAQ and how to section.

Click on that and you will find a how to on removing the door panels.

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
Its simple, really...there's a series of allen screws around the edge of the interior trim piece, then you have to remove the middle part of the handle on the inside, and there's a screw behind the door latch that's covered by a plastic cap. Then remove the trim piece that's inline with the mirror (or the adjuster piece if you have manual mirrors) and the whole panel will come off if you pull up on it.

Out of curiosity, did the window arm just break off, or did the mechanism inside the door break? If its just the arm you can remove it without taking the panel off, you can either buy a tool or push the mounting spring off with a small flat-headed screwdriver.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After I bought the window arm hoping for an easy installation, I found out that I needed to go deeper into the panel to fix the problem. I suspect that I have to buy some more parts, but it would be clear once I remove the entire panel.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts