Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received my new 2012 focus Ti last week but I find the headlights to be not as bright as I would like them. I use to drive a car with HIDs and I know there is a BIG difference. I dont want to but HIDs in the headlight assembly, but does anyone have suggestions on brighter bulbs? any recommendations?

Thanks! [cheers]

·
Registered
636 Posts
Phillips Crystal visions are nice, plus they last longer than the popular silverstars. Nokya Arctic white (stage 1's) are great if you can find them.

·
Registered
747 Posts
I'd note just make sure you use the right lights. A chuckled at a few stories of people putting super bright lights in and melting/burning their housings.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Ya, do NOT put in bulbs that are over the original H11 bulb and H1 bulb wattages. I don't think any would make much of a difference though. Just a little.

I ordered HID's but am waiting for them still. I also came from a car with HID's and feel these lights just aren't bright enough unless I have my brights on which I will not drive with them on all the time and blind other drivers.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I received my new 2012 focus Ti last week but I find the headlights to be not as bright as I would like them. I use to drive a car with HIDs and I know there is a BIG difference. I dont want to but HIDs in the headlight assembly, but does anyone have suggestions on brighter bulbs? any recommendations?

Thanks! [cheers]
Hi, mine are well bright enough:

[grinking][grinking][grinking]
Chris

·
Registered
418 Posts
The Standard Lights on mine are just fine.I'm happy with them.
I can adjust them up and down.
I've noticed from pics that in the US they put like a reflector in front of the globes with a Ford Logo
Mine does'nt have it. German built.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Really? I am so impressed with my headlights, the truckers on the other hand not so much. Seem to get flashed alot on the highway, even with my low beams on. Flick on the high beamers and wow.. I have no complaints.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I have no plan to modify any lighting to HID's the stock head lights are just fine. There are some dark roads that I travel on and I have no problem at all. HID's are too bright IMHO and cause other drivers the same kind of grief that you would give them when you put your high beams on.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I am extremely unimpressed with the brightness of my headlights.

I live in a condo that has absolutely flat parking so I will be testing the alignment issue.

According to the specifications, I need to load the drivers seat with equivalent weight of my body mass, and with a 1/2 tank full of gas, and a measured distance of 25' from the wall, they should be no lower then 3" drop, from point to point.

I am thinking they are pointed too low.

·
Registered
198 Posts
aka, your friend who hopefully doesn't look like a bunch of sandbags
The idea is to level the headlights as they would be when you are driving. If you level them without the driver's weight then, when you get in the car you lower the drivers side, which gives you lower headlights, or less illumination.

·
Registered
55 Posts
bright enough that leaving your high beams on when oncoming is not a good idea. (yes I have d bags around here who assume it's their god given right too drive around with their high beams on all the time.)

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Great lights in the countryside are great. In the city they just cause grief for everyone else.
Here, for some reason having the drivers' side light tilted up and into the back of the car in front is a fad.
Then of course are truck and SUV lights which shine straight into the rear window.
(my secret desire is to have a 1,000,000 candlepower beam on a relay to flip on, out the rear window when the light is shining straight into my rear window are too bright. (or a nice carbon arc lamp to blast on at the offenders. [hatchet]
(All vehicle should have to have headlamps below a certain height, they do but it is too high..
It would be a nice treat for a few folks...
Then of course the just like high beams lights on cars across from one at a stoplight, which seem to be aimed straight into my face....

Lights should have threee settings instead of two. High beam for country roads that are dark, low beams for freeways, and a third similar to the DRL (daytime running lights) for all city driving, yes even at night.

My final rant is the laws against yellow headlights. Way too many get away with blue headlights.. So what is the problem with yellow?
I wish i could just have yellow headlights on my yellow Focus... sigh.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
on all my previous cars i've added 'pencil beam' after market lights to improve the lighting as i feel almost all cars have inadequate oem lights.
now, for my current focus i need to find a good place to put them w/ o ruining the looks of the car... on my old focus they fit nicely behind the lower grill,, protected from stones and not blinding other drivers while offering a football field length of good vision.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts