Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I have been asking many questions lately, bare with me. I was looking into a new head unit and found some cheap ones. I am actually impressed with the stock player as far as not skipping and what not. I may or may not need subwoofer controls (depends on if I get a new amp and sub setup). I would like to be able to play DVD's but do not like the flip up screens. I am afraid I will break it? (How flimsy or sturdy are they?) I came across the XO Vision XD1736, I think, and dont know about it. I know it is cheap and there are some horror stories, but is that common or you think it would be ok?

Many will say save the money and get a better one. I do not want to invest too much just in case somebody decides to steal it. Only reason for wanting DVD is I will be taking long trips over the next few years.

Thank you all for input and once again sorry for so many questions.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Hate to say it but in some cases you get what you pay for. My buddy bought an XO Vision and got it out of the box to find the screen didn't work. Took it back, exchanged it with a dual. The dual did pretty good for about a year, then right when the warranty was up, the thing quit ejecting dvd's. But I'm sure not all are bad. But its a good bet that the lower the price, the higher the probability of failure.

Good luck and I hope you find one that isn't a lemon :)

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Yea like skikid said, you pay for what you get. Look around on ebay and you can find a good deal on a name brand one. Don't cheap out because IT WILL break.

·
Registered
433 Posts
You could also try buying a refurbished. Crutchfield sells authorized refurbished head units at a discount and they carry a warranty from the manufacturer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts