Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may soon be ordering a new ZTW and it seems like I heard there's a way to order rear disc brakes from the factory on any Focus. Anybody know how to do this -- specific option code or whatever? Or does it come with a certain option package or with ABS?

Pros/cons of doing this? Does it matter?

Thx! [;)]

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
You can order discs with the car, but only with ABS and traction control, so we passed. I really wanted the discs , but not the other electronic googa, you may not feel that way. Its on the options list. Definately get the sport option package....It is the way to get a tach, you also get 8 other bits that aren't bad. Go to the ford website and build your car as you go... a little slow but it shows you all the options

I still want my discs, I keep scoping the local wreck yards for a wrecked svt..The Discs will be mine!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thx. I did the website "build your focus" thing and also studied the brochure. It says traction control is not available with the PZEV motor, which is the only motor offered here in Calif. So I guess that means no rear discs? Oh well, I don't really want all that electronic hooey either. I may be hunting junkyards like you someday!

·
Registered
816 Posts
Not to jack the thread, but Viney, what all would need to be grabbed off of the SVT?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts