Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
IH8URFCE
2,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
*Copy/Pasted*

AUGUST MEET: Okay, sorry guys for the short notice and not keeping people posted, but the month is almost over and we are going to squeeze in a meet. It will be a BBQ Meet in the park. Which park is still to be determined. If you have ideas, please post them up. OR if your house is free and you have a grill and would like to host the event, SPEAK UP! Date and time is set for SUNDAY 8/28! That is NEXT week guys. Also people comment and let us know what you can bring. Typical stuffs such as cups, drinks, utensils, buns, etc etc.

Starting at 2PM. Since it will be at a park, maybe I will see if it can be a little later for when the sun will be a little lower. We'll see. Also Ray has said he will be bringing the meat/burgers and hot dogs. So far the list is as follows

WHATS THE MEET?: BBQ-CHILL MEET
DATE: **THIS SUNDAY** AUG 28, 2011
TIME: BE THERE AT 2PM RAY WILL BE THERE AT 1PM TO START COOKING
WHERE: SAN JACINTO STATE PARK, LA PORTE, TX

ITEMS PEOPLE ARE BRINGING: Please let us know what you can contribute to the meet and we will add you to the list here.
Daniel - plates/naps
Ray - meat
Izzy - Non-boozy beverages
Donald - buns

·
Focalize!!!
3,892 Posts
Hot sauce and some chips maybe tortillas if _ like making weird stuff like me haha

·
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST
15,097 Posts
Well ... with the short notice. We will have to choose a park. Tonight, Pat, Justin and I will choose a park to go to.

Pat, I also edited your first post to better read the information of the meet.

-Ray-

·
R.I.P Kona
12,868 Posts
Scheduled til 4pm that day so would be late but will see if I can change days or at least get off earlier.

If Rays bringing the meat I can bring the buns and some condiments unless you guys wanna eat with your fingers hahahaaha.

·
ninja lurker status
23,137 Posts
suhweeet

·
IH8URFCE
2,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BUMP for updated location

·
Registered
50 Posts
If I dont stay out to late I might be attending I might ask my dad if we can have the barbeque here? We live on lake conroe, and have grill and all that I dont why it would be a problem. only if u all are on ur best behavior!
hahaha

·
IH8URFCE
2,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well go ahead and ask and i will talk to ray. location is still up for change within a reasonable amount of time. but that window is shrinking quickly.

·
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST
15,097 Posts
Well, I actually think we should just go ahead and lock it in.

It's already the middle of the week, and it's time to make plans.

Pat, did you check to make sure they have available BBQ pits at that park?

-Ray-

·
IH8URFCE
2,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i thought you had been there before? no i have not checked, though

·
R.I.P Kona
12,868 Posts
I'll be getting off about 1:30 or 2:00 at the latest and it'll take me about 35-40 minutes to get there so don't start grilling too fast haha.

·
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST
15,097 Posts
i thought you had been there before? no i have not checked, though
We have been there for a meet ... but not to BBQ ... we actually just went there to hang after eating.

-Ray-

·
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST
15,097 Posts
I'll be getting off about 1:30 or 2:00 at the latest and it'll take me about 35-40 minutes to get there so don't start grilling too fast haha.
I'll take my time, just for you, Donald. ;)

-Ray-

·
R.I.P Kona
12,868 Posts
Don't know if I could make Lake Conroe. Be way way far for me especially when getting off work at 2pm and I have to be back at work at 5am on Monday.

·
R.I.P Kona
12,868 Posts
Great thing is this place is only 15 minutes from my house.

·
IH8URFCE
2,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey Donald, since it is so close by to you, do you think you can find the time to run over there and check out the BBQ situation? So we know whether we need to bring out our own grills and whatnot.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts