Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST
15,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Ladies and Gentleman ... We have come along way. Lots have changed since the beginning of last year. Throughout the year we have put Focus Enthusiasts in Houston together and hope to see new comers jumping into the scene with us in time. A dying breed of enthusiasts has now began a turn around with new members and faces. [:)] [wiggle]

SO LETS KEEP IT THAT WAY AND KEEP ON MOVING!!! [thumb] [ffrocks]

- Lets Start with our usual Monthly meetings. We have collectively decided that Sundays is our best days to get together but if anybody has a day that they would like to see turn into a meet we can accommodate with a group poll. If you have any ideas for meets post them up. We need to figure a new place for February. For those of you who are new ... We are going to try to hit different areas of the city to give everyone a chance to SAVE GAS and take a mini road trip. [thumb]

- Special Events: Well there are quite a few events coming up ... and we will keep posting ahead of time to give people a chance to request time off. And even get a group together to show as one. For instance in April, there is Fun Ford Weekend and Chris has been getting info. I will work with Chris to see what else we need to get a group spot. He has contact with one of the head guys of the event to work with. I hope to see some of you guys jump in with us. [werd]

-ALSO: Our Big Texas Round Up is coming up. So get ready for that as well everyone. If you missed out out on the last one ... check out the link: [hihi]
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=170818

- More Events: Well Myself and FlipsideSVT (Cody) have decided to jump into AutoX. If you guys are interested please post up and join us. Or come and support. This is a monthly event and last month Cody was the only focus there ... in a long time. I will join in for February. [8D] [wiggle]

Catch you guys later, [drinking] [cheers]

-RAY- [thumb]

·
Flat Black King
8,203 Posts
I think for our first year meet should be in the middle of houston. that way everyone has to drive a lil ways to hang and then our second one is when we do it different places

·
Ehh...
6,265 Posts
^^^ yeh like in the downtown area, that would be sweet. and when's the big tx roundup? i though we just had one last sept.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
We did have one last fall, but since it was a 1 day trip with no Hotel cost and just gas and lunch, we figured we could do one in the Spring and one in the Fall and let FocusFest have the summer.
Especially if FF is far north this year there will be a limited number who can make it and will need something more local to toss in the memory book.

With that being said, thank you Raymond for bringing that topic to light.
For those in Houston, you get to make some reasonable suggestions for what 30+ people can do in your city.

I think Dave and Busters has the parking lot and dining room to handle a crowd like ours. If anyone knows of another place better than Dave and Busters (yea right![cheers]) that can provide a whole section of the lot to us and a whole section of dining room, then feel free to suggest it.

Houston is a metropolitan city and there just isnt any roads like Lime Creek I can imagine, so we need something else to start the day. It can't cost to much, because people need to save money for Focus Fest if they plan to go.

We were out Gas and Lunch last time. So we need to keep it reasonable.

I'll let the suggestions begin. Again, it is Houston, not Corpus or some other town.

Fall will be in DFW, so we will work on that one.

-Capt

·
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST
15,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, for the little of time that I have lived in Houston ... there isn't too many "Free Things" to do.

Lets see ... if you want to sight see ... There is
1) Battleship Texas (La Porte) $5 Each
2) Space Center Houston (NASA) $17 Each - probably not a place for us
3) The Tunnel Walks (Downtown) Shopping area - $5 Tour
4) Kemah Boardwalk (Kemah)

Of course there is the fun things:
1) Track 21 (Katy) $20 Each - OR LASERTAG $6 Each ... would be fun shooting each other down ...
2) Houston Raceway Park (Baytown) $20

I will think of some more ... but that's all I have.

For food:
Dave and Busters
ChaChos
Katz's

-Ray-

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
i think kemah will take some time till its back in 100% shape, but its getting there.

i think its going to be dave and busters again, kinda wanna change it up. ill try to think hard on to what houston has to offer.

theres always the beach.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Well as much as Chachos is the OG Focus meeting place, it doesnt handle 30 cars very well unless we rent the place out.

Laser Tag might seem a lil lame to some, but find out how many on a team.
Maybe we can setup a tourney between the Cities. DFW vs H-Town vs A-Town vs SA. For the Bigger Cities we may have to do a East West split.

Just remember space is an issue if everyone and more show up. I imagine there will be some who missed the last one who wont make that mistake again.[poke]

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
theres always bear creek park to have a bbq out there and it can handle +30.

·
Ehh...
6,265 Posts
^^^thats a good idea. but i also like the beach too, but who knows. but we can combine 2 places, my idea would be to do track 21 (rent it out maybe with the amount of ppl we got) and then make a trip down to jillians (on i-10 east, sort of near by track 21) and eat out. its a great place to go to, i personally think so, all you have to be is 18 to get in.

·
Flat Black King
8,203 Posts
Well theres always Main event close to Dean. It has lazer tag, bowling, pool, bar, food, and games. Then go down further south to hit up galveston. Just a though

·
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST
15,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Okay great ideas everyone ... (For Texas Round Up) [woot]

For one - Joe ... Track21 can have 12 on each team (LaserTag) ... Plus I bet more than half of you HALO-FOLK would like a more exuberant first person shooter than your game controller [gunfire] [poke] ... Also the parking lot can handle like 60+ cars ... big lot for a lone place. [werd]

Second - Chuck - the place on i10 that you are talking about (Jillians) is no longer there ... it is now a Dave and Busters. [werd] [idea]

Third - Dean - Kemah was just a thought ... but it is quite a bit expensive to shop and like you said not all put together to visit as a group. [idea]

Forth - Jeremy - Main Event is a great idea - I don't know if everyone would want to do that being the cost but the drive to Galveston after is not a bad idea ... I would flip those ideas though so that we can get the good light (The SUN) for Galveston if we do that. [slap] [wiggle]

NOW for our Monthly meeting ... OKAY Downtown sounds like a plan ... There is the Joystick Arcade we can all hit up ... Or for a photoshoot there is the parking area close to the tunnel walk. There is good parking with scenery by Spaghetti Warehouse. And the real good thing about downtown is .... ITS FREE ON SUNDAY TO PARK!!! Yea!!! So anywhere downtown on our usual Sunday would be fine. Just as long as we are not loitering to much. [hihi] [:)]

Also I don't mind having a meet at my House either ... Funny thing ... it was the wife's idea that we all hang at the house ... BBQ and games - um ... someone want to bring over a console I seem to have lost mine ....... [slap] [nutkick] If you guys want to do a meet at my casa - we could do it before a big Show meet ... like the Fun Ford Weekend ... to clean the cars together.
Just a thought. [thumb]

-RAY-

·
Flat Black King
8,203 Posts
I just got me an xbox 360 so i could bring it and if everyone has controllers we could play madded 09 or gears of wear or something fun and have some tournaments

·
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST
15,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Any racing games ....... I am all about simulation racing ...

Or better yet ... MARIO KART!!! (Wii or GameCube Anyone)

-Ray-

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
i like the casa idea lol

and the main event is a great idea. we could all head down to galveston and then for dinner or so, head up to main event.

main event is similar and equal to dave & busters.

no wii for mii. [bawling]

·
Ehh...
6,265 Posts
the meet in downtown is a great idea, great place for pics also. but as far as tx roundup being at someone's house, IMO, i dont think everybody would be excited to travel a far way to go to someone's house...

·
Flat Black King
8,203 Posts
for texas round up i think we could go eat somewhere then drive to the battleship area. Nothin says texas like the battleship. But maybe for our sunday meet we could go to rays house and i could bring the xbox and rent a racing game and have bbq and take tons of pics

·
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST
15,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
THE HOUSE IDEA ... is not for TEXAS ROUND UP ... It was for the Houston Monthly ...

TX Round Up is going to have something else planned ... more geared towards a group. DUH ... Silly Chuck ...

-Ray-

·
Ehh...
6,265 Posts
^^Ohhhhhhh i knew that,lol. but a meet ur house is also good

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
I have a PS3 and Wii with Mario Kart Wii (one steering wheel two controllers). I have GT Prologue sitting ready to kick some @$$ I only have two controller for the PS3. I have other games has well like COD4, Resistance 1, Marval Alliance and those are all mutliplayer. Oh yeah and Matt I got a new tv so we can now play in HD goodness! I have other games for the Wii also almost all mutliplayer games. I would also be willing to go out and buy a game if anyone has any suggestions. Has for the meet I'm always down for a little BBQ. But really ya'll someone has to have a few drinks with me. I know Raymond you will. Has for big H-town meets I'll do a little lookin' myself. I'm sure in this big city that there some place where we can all go and be cost effective and fun has possible.

Oh and has far has going to Baytown and the FFW I'll be there with bells on been going for the last few years and I was the only one there last year. Can you believe it I was the only 4cyl. there! And I sprayed down the track with tranny fluid there[paranoid]

1 - 20 of 25 Posts