Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought Canadian Tire's "Hot Wash" Windshield Washer Fluid Heater. Turns out the Focus windshield washer bottle is hidden in the panels. It's not easy to see how to attach the Hot Wash. Has anyone done it - and can they provide instructions ?

I asked Canadian Tire about installing the Hot Wash - but they say the Hot Wash has been recalled...

·
Registered
33 Posts
my girlfriends brother got one of those, and he returned it shortly after trying it out. all i've heard is that it doesn't work worth *****.

·
Registered
542 Posts
all it is, is basically an extended pipe of hose that wraps around a rad/heater hose, to heat the washer fluid before it comes out the nozzle...

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
prairiedog said:
my girlfriends brother got one of those, and he returned it shortly after trying it out. all i've heard is that it doesn't work worth *****.
You mean it doesn't heat the water ? Or, it malfunctions ?

·
Registered
33 Posts
doesn't heat the water. really, unless it hooks up to your block heater and draws constant power, it won't work when people want it to. it needs time to heat the fluid up before it does what it claims (saving scraping) by utilizing power supply by the vehicle running, and by that time, people usually are on their merry way by clearing their windshields off other ways.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts