Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I was inspecting the engine bay of my focus svt and i noticed these two hoses with what it looks to be grease or oil over them. It also looks like oil from one hose is coming from the air box of the car. I was wondering if anyone knows anything about these possible leaks, or if they are just a normal thing. And if they are leaks what can i do to stop them. Here are some pics.

Attachments

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
PCV hoses

·
Registered
17,464 Posts
The small amount of airbox oil is normal, plugging that hose would be a definite mistake. There's supposed to be a small foam square pcv filter that fits down in the cavity shown in first pic to absorb the oil.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay makes sense. Well the filter for the pcv hose is not in the air box, could I just run to a ford dealer or oreillys or something like that to get one? And then would you recommend replacing the pcv hoses since they are starting to leak? It should I just leave them be?

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Finding an"official" foam filter for that location might be an adventure, any piece of open cell foam (stuff you can blow through) that doesn't melt in oil/gas would work.

Seepage from the PCV hoses isn't an issue, once they get soft so they can collapse or get holed to let air in it's a problem.

Look decent in the pictures, only you can look for any holes or feel that they're still firm.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts