Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I have been having issues with my 2004 focus a while now, mostly either rough idling, or it would surge up to around 3k rpms. After trying some other things out I have come across a hose with a huge crack in it. Seems to go from below the t-stat housing to the back of the engine. But I have no clue as to a part number or etc. I'm sure someone else on here has come across this before. Please check out the pics. The first one is zoomed out so you can see which engine I have. Maybe a part # or link to somewhere who has it?

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
By description of the hose & problem, it SOUNDS like the PCV hose that is common to lead to your troubles.

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
The new version is the one wrapped in foil,

·
TARBO-PANDA
4,910 Posts
Yup I had the same problem. Even would stall the car at stoplights. Hose just collapsed and made her fussy. Spent a looong time before figuring out that's what it was.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies. I got the new hose, part number XS4Z-6N664-BA, but the right side of the hose does not fit. It seems to be too small. Thoughts anyone?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies. I got the new hose, part number XS4Z-6N664-BA, but the right side of the hose does not fit. It seems to be too small. Thoughts anyone?
**UPDATE**

I used a small piece of the old hose, 2 small hose clamps, and a size adapter from Advanced Auto (Dayco 80425) to make it fit. Put everything back together and it idles great! I am sure that there is a right replacement part but for me this works great! [burnout]

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
How did you go about getting the clamp off for the hose on the back side of the engine? I have been wrestling with it for two days but I can' get it off.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How did you go about getting the clamp off for the hose on the back side of the engine? I have been wrestling with it for two days but I can' get it off.
Mine did not have a clamp on either end of the hose. From what I have seen on the forums here, a lot of people put them on when they replace the hose, and some models are just different. I am sure there is a rhyme or reason, but all of my experience with Foci are with the one I own now.

More info could help other people answer your question though, like what kind of clamp it is.

·
Registered
17,163 Posts
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=538202

OP is lost, he says right side too small but then adds the hose to left side since the only pic there. The right angle turn goes on the intake and is the right side in post #3 or upper end of post #7...........it NEEDS to be tight, a manifold backfire will blow it right off if no clamp used there. If the small piece used over is from the very end at manifold, it will be old enough to then bubblegum up to fail again VERY quickly if not already there. A short piece of a hose that has already cracked is garbage and should not have been used again. Talk about making more trouble for yourself.............

They all get a clamp from the factory for the reason stated. If no clamp someone has been there before you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts