Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think its called the breather tube? It comes off the drivers side of the valve cover. Well mine comes out of the valve cover and just hangs down to the ground. Where does this need to be connected? It was like this when i bought it, and I want to hook it up right.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Correct me if i am wrong people, but i believe it goes on the bottom of the air box somewheres, bottom or side. I just took my airbox off for a CAI and cant seem to remember exactly where i pulled it out of. Stupid Memory. But I hope i gave some clue. Is there a right angle valve still in the side that is disconnected?

·
Jetsetter
6,654 Posts
it should be hooked up to your intake box, but what you could do it go buy a small breather filter and cut the hose down, to fit the filter close to the valve cover

·
Premium Member
6,581 Posts
It connects to the side of the airbox, at the bottom towards the firewall.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
WOW. Thanksfor the help.I'll get it hooked back up to the airbox then. ANy advantage to just puttin a filter on the end as focusman said?

·
Registered
784 Posts
all it does is pull the vapors out out of the head, most of us just put a small filter on the end of the hose. a plus of that is it will keep out oily residue from entering the intake.

·
Registered
134 Posts
ive been wanting to do the breather filter, but i cant find a filter big enough for our big ass breather nipple.

·
Registered
708 Posts
ive been wanting to do the breather filter, but i cant find a filter big enough for our big ass breather nipple.
you said nipple!

anyways, the tube goes down to the bottom of the airbox. I just put in a CAI and rerouted it using heater tube to a place where it would comfortably lie.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts