Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if i had about 255 to 265 hp at the wheels where about would i be at the flywheel? im thinkin 275 to 285? sound about right? ik the svt isnt made for the strip but i want my svt to be able to run mid to low 13's and i just want to know how much power i am goin to need to achieve that.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
265 would be around 290ish so yea pretty close. I'd hope that could get you mid 13's. A turbo or Procharger or Powerworks superchargers would get you near that. Also you'd want a LSD, clutch and decent tires or you'll just spin.

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
It takes roughly 300whp to dip into the high 12's.. with descent driver and an LSD.

·
Registered
808 Posts
<note to self> get turbo.

Man I would freaking love to push 300+ HP, wow.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
your thinking about hp numbers when you should actually be thinking about sticking power to the ground!

a good set of drag tires, stripped interiors and basic bolt ons has taken 2zz's like mines (no nitrus,no forced induction) to the mid to high 13's... from the original mid 14's....

and they didnt spend +$3000 on turbo or a s/c....

·
Registered
808 Posts
I dont want a stripped interior though... I like my comfy little fofo :)
besides unless your strictly dragging the car your gonna have a real bear keeping the weight distribution evened out.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
I never said permanent! thats not what I ment! unless you drag with your sound system on, a/c on and a car seat in the back... now thats comfy racing right there...

taking the seats and everything else off takes about an hour! do that the night after and youll be set! then put them back on later on! after 2-3 times and you get the hang of it! and it will take much less time when you know where everything goes!

switching my stock axle back muffler for a straight, bigger, louder, one I use for street night takes me about 5 minutes

·
Registered
808 Posts
dude who doesnt race with the ac on in texas lol, its hot as $%#@ here

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
see i dont want my car stripped either i want a stock looking svt pullin mid to low 13's. so my goal of 265 should be close then. and i wont be able to do the LSD yet that will prolly be next winters project. and i would prolly go procharger or powerworks. see i have a bunch of friends that have dsm's and think that my focus wont be able to do mid to low 13's on the stock motor, so basiclly i want to prove them wrong.

·
I.S.A.I.K.I.
5,413 Posts
You'll be able to get pretty damn close to 300 without even changing the stock compression ratio.

BTW, the SVT will be plenty fast on 10-12lbs of boost. People don't realize this. Your DSM friends will be slack jawed once you accomplish your build.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts