Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, i bought my used ZX3/01 on oct/05, it has now 82k+miles on it, but i'm sure the previous owner didn't gave a shi$%^ about the cars maintenance, all the mods that i have installed on the car have been a ride in the park, no way jose, all the bolts have been really rusted, all parts have been really sticked and messed up, but yesterday was just it... i decided to change the engine mount (lower one) cuz i was really pissed off about all the cracking under the car, so i was just sure that the engine mount was the problem, so i got a new one and w/ a little of time on my schedule i decided to finally change it, i mean it was not really nice that a car that looks cool keeps rattling like mine did when i launch from first.
So anyway, i put my car on stands, supported the gearbox w/my jack and all the instruction people from this forum have puted together, and then what?? the lower bolt, was stuck!!!, i mean it really didn't turn at all, i said crap, they're supposed to have only 35lb*feet of torq, not this one, i had to took it apart the hard way, i took my dremell and saw both sides and beat the crap out of it till it was just a lot of pieces, you can check the photos they're really scary, right now the rattle is over and my ride is very smooth, but i tell you its better to put up your car now and then and give it a little wd40 on all bolts down there![}:)] Scary uhh?

·
all grown up
3,949 Posts
very nice! Hey you did what had to be done you know? The new mount makes it run real nice huh?

·
Registered
715 Posts
nice DIY mentality man. hopefully you get an easy mod next time.

·
teh tranny killer
3,130 Posts
i feel ya man...those things can definitly be a pain in the arse...even my vf motor mount looks like dogmeat after all the pounding i did to get it in..the only way i got it in was to have it sitting halfway in and then start reving my engine until it got in place..definitly an experience...but at least its over and done with...until the next project [wrenchin]

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
I have a spare stock one if you want it.

·
all grown up
3,949 Posts
I had to have the assistance of another strong body to get my dog bone in...little bastard just took some hard pounding with a rubber mallot.

·
Registered
750 Posts
I hate when that happens. I found when replacing mine with the VF, I just took the entire brakcet off. Having the bracket witht motor mount still in on the work bench is much easier to work with then screwing with it under the car or on the lift.

TIP: TAKE THE ENTIRE BRACKET OFF AND THEN MESS WITH IT. ITS WORTH IT

·
I used to drive this
3,342 Posts
Damn boca, you muscled thru that. The dremel is a handy little tool. You really busted your ass to get the mount in. Thats awesome.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I dont mean to kill the party but NONE of you sould have had to pound on ANYTHING getting it in. If you would of tilted the motor forward by hand and supported it correctly the mount should have reasted in place and all you would have had to do is shift the motor forward or back to line up the last hole. ALL BY HAND. LOL I hear how it can be a pain, my experience tells me if your stressing to do something your not doing it right and need to back up and look at it agian and see what your doing wrong.

·
Registered
609 Posts
^^^what he said.....

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Yeah...mine took 15 minutes to install by hand....i didn't even have to remove the bracket or anything...it was easy...i third what CompOrangeSVT said.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
haha I pretty much had to do the same thing last weekend. Then I had my brother modify the bracket so the damn thing would fit in there. It was like the bushings were too big, so the only way to do so was with the modification to the bracket.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts