Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in a cold state! Anyway my horns freeze all the [email protected] time!

I got it in for the second time for this problem and this time they said there is a new design for the horns! There is a different sytle of horns and a new place to mount them!

So if you have any problems with the horns sounding different after the smallest puddle or freezing and getting no sound at all! There is a fix go see you dealer when it is happening and they should be able to find this fix!

I'll try to get more info like TSB number when the put the new horns in next week!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
TSB 03-3-1: Horn Failure
FORD: 2000-2003 FOCUS

ISSUE:
Some vehicles equipped with the 2.0L engine may exhibit an inoperative horn condition. This may be caused by water ingestion and corrosion internal to the horn. A new horn and bracket assembly have been developed to reduce this condition.

ACTION:
If an inoperative horn condition has been verified, replace the horn with an updated part. Refer to the following Service Procedure for details.

SERVICE PROCEDURE

Raise and support the vehicle. For additional information, refer to Section 100-02 of the Workshop Manual.
Remove the horn.
NOTE: THE NEW HORN MUST NOT BE REINSTALLED IN THE ORIGINAL LOCATION.
Install revised horn 3M5Z-13832-BA onto the mounting surface on the opposite side of the radiator support bracket. Torque to 9 Lb-ft. (12 N-m).
PART NUMBER PART NAME
3M5Z-13832-BA Service Horn

OTHER APPLICABLE ARTICLES:
NONE

WARRANTY STATUS:
Eligible Under The Provisions Of The Basic Warranty Coverage

OPERATION DESCRIPTION TIME
030301A Replace Horn With Updated Part 0.3 Hr.

DEALER CODING
BASIC PART NO. CONDITION CODE
13832 42

OASIS CODES:
203000, 205000

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
out of? The horns not working?! Typical little crap that makes dealing with this car a pain! 33 days in the shop since January 19th and counting! 30 days in 1st 12 months in Alaska and the car is considered a LEMON! Already submitted my dispute settlement board paperwork!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Exactly, it's the small stuff. Things like a horn freezing, so many things were left "unfinished" (IMO). I'm jumping on the Lemon train as well. My flywheel/clutch/pressure plate problem is so bad it's laughable.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I deal with the same shit and i live in HOT ASS SOUTH FLORIDA. lol .. my horn was getting messed up every time it would rain! The guys at the dealersihp ended up replacing it and everything..[thumb]

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hmmm, the rainy season is just getting started here in CA, I'll have to see if I still have a horn in April. If not, this is going to come in pretty handy!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts