Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2012 SEL Hatchback MFT NOT Keyless start. When parked and locked in garage at night horn will toot a few times. Hours after being parked. Checked doors for closed. No battery/charging light even though I feel the battery was junk day 1. Thanks for any advice. Read entire owners manual, Googled, Binged with a multitude of search phrases.

·
Registered
739 Posts
The SEL comes with a factory-equipped alarm, correct?

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
It's 10 o'clock at night -- do you know where your IKT is?

... When parked and locked in garage at night horn will toot a few times. ...
The owner's manual explains that if the lock button on the Integrated Keyhead Transmitter (IKT) is pressed twice within 3 seconds then "the horn will sound", which I discovered myself by accident. (I normally only push it once.) Is the sound you hear yours make in your garage at night the same as that, or different? If the same, where is your key when it happens? Could something (or someone) be pressing the lock button on the IKT inadvertantly? (Or, if you have kids, intentionally?)

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
2012 SEL Hatchback MFT NOT Keyless start. When parked and locked in garage at night horn will toot a few times. Hours after being parked. Checked doors for closed. No battery/charging light even though I feel the battery was junk day 1. Thanks for any advice. Read entire owners manual, Googled, Binged with a multitude of search phrases.
Have you spoken to your dealer about this? Please let me know, along with your mileage.

Meagan

·
Registered
49 Posts
Your house is definitely haunted.

Had a problem once where my alarm system somehow got to be too sensitive,
there was a little tiny thing under the passenger dash that changed it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts