Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I suspect a single fuse/controller is responsible for this.

My 2001 Focus ZTS has not had a working horn for quite some time, and at the same time as that my power locks, and remote lock buttons on my key fob stopped working as well (Panic button on the remote also doesn't work.)

The garage I took it to seemed to agree with me and thought it was a control module that is located behind the fuse box under the steering wheel. I purchased a replacement module, and went about replacing the supposedly broken one myself, but this didn't fix the problem. It didn't break anything new, but it didn't fix anything either. Is there some sort of reboot process I need to follow?

I've played around with replacing fuses under the steering wheel to no avail, there is another fuse box in the engine bay, but I haven't tried anything with that one yet.

I searched Google but found no results that were useful to me so I thought I'd ask the experts for their opinions. What could cause all of these symptoms? Is there any important information I am leaving out?

Model in question is a 2001 Focus ZTS. I hope somebody here can shed some light on my problem.

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Those modules have a grounding circuit through the wire harness, so that shouldn't be a problem. There are fuses under the hood that need to be checked. Sometimes a fuse in the fuse box will check ok......but there may be a connection problem with one leg of the fuse (current is going through the fuse, but not into the wire harness).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So should I focus my efforts on the fuse box under the hood?

I found this image in the tutorial section:

Which is exactly what I see in my car, but there is no label that hints at locks, or the horn. This is a very screwy problem, but I'd really like to solve it without having to take it to a mechanic again. Thanks for your help so far.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts