Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well im tired of the sedan w/auto trans so im looking at an '02 svt with 56000 miles on it...ive test driven it twice and everything seems fine(clutch feels fine and no weird noises on startup or shutdown)

the only noticeable problems on the car is that when you open the doors from the outside you have to pull pretty hard before it unlatches....i read somewhere else that it could just need grease on the latches is that true?....they unlatch fine from the inside handle

also the power mirrors are kinda jerky when you move with any idea what that could be?

is there any way i can lookup if any TBS have been done to it?

anything else i should check on the car?

heres the link to the autotrader page

Thanks for all your help and advice

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Same color scheme as my 04, which is to say, the best one [:D]

I'll bump you for somebody who knows better, but the door release issue was discussed recently, I dont know if there was a solid conclusion. My passenger side is the same way, driver side is getting worse, but its not bad enough for me to need attention yet.

My power mirrors are somewhat jerky, I can see it getting worse. I suppose thats dirt inside whatever mechanism moves the mirror, so there's some friction to overcome. I'm not sure if anybody's taken one apart to clean it...

Good luck, I suppose it's not that much quicker than a PZEV ATX, but the SVT is, as you know, one nice ride. That price seems perhaps a few hundred high, I'd check the NADA book value.

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
if you get a good deal on it, say 8-9k
other then all the problems, you either have them or you don't. my handles are sometimes hard to open and then sometimes not. my mirrors never seem jerky though.
this car will put a big grin on your face that won't go away [:D] I warned you!

**added**
just clicked the link, the price seems a bit inflated. check around to see what other SVTs in your area go for. since your getting it from a dealer, does it come with a warrenty?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ya the price is a bit high i thought as well (kbb lists it as 10,220 but ill check nada too) so im gonna see if he'll come down which he should especially if hes not gonna fix the mirrors or try to fix the door latches...it only comes with like a 2 month warranty on the drivetrain so if something goes wrong i can take it back but other than it doesnt

how much does an extended warranty go for on an svt?

·
Registered
411 Posts
CD silver! WEAK!!!! J/k You know the price did seem a little high for the mileage but then I looked again and it is from a dealer. They always charge a fair amount more than a private party would. easier to do the paper work though when going through a dealer. I personally just bought my SVT a few months ago from a Private Party.

·
Registered
411 Posts
ohh btw it says it has "power heated mirrors." Is that accurate?? I didn't think the SVT came with heated side mirrors?

·
Registered
975 Posts
price is alittle high from what i think ... im selling my 03 black with 31k on it for 9k..

·
Registered
511 Posts
SVTFsOnIcBlUe said:
ohh btw it says it has "power heated mirrors." Is that accurate?? I didn't think the SVT came with heated side mirrors?
The "Cold Weather Package" does, along with heated seats and TC. My 03 has it, I haven't got much use for it. In Miami, it is never REALLY cold. 60 degrees and people start talking about an Ice Age.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts