Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so last night while at a family gathering, my nephew(who works for Mazda) comes in walks up to me and says: "HEY I got a turbo-Mazda 3 outside"...I said "What???"[:D] he said yeah come check out. Went outside to see a steal-grey MazdaSpeed 3, on 18inch wheels, suspension sitting low, very sweet exhaust system, 6-speed, and poped the hood a turbo(direct induction) sitting on top of our duratec 2.3 making a sweet 250 HP. Had to reach down and pick up my mouth[:D] . Supposedly being releases this fall. All I could think about was how sweet it would be to see my Focus-St with that package.[burnout]

·
Rebecca
2016 Focus ST
18,803 Posts
yeah . . . I don't see that one happening though

·
Registered
759 Posts
think is should switch over to the mazda fanatics forum [;)]

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lil PZEV said:
That's nice to see, hope it comes true in Fall. Even if it doesn't coem to the Focus, it's good to see Mazda continue to do well. They sure have a lot going for 'em, especially lately.
Yeah my hope is that if we don't see it on the Focus, maybe by next summer there wll be a after-market Kit that will be street legal and pass smog. I know we have some bolt-ons that we can get for the duratec, but hope this will open the door for more options.[:D]

·
Premium Member
21,235 Posts
ericgt said:
Yeah my hope is that if we don't see it on the Focus, maybe by next summer there wll be a after-market Kit that will be street legal and pass smog. I know we have some bolt-ons that we can get for the duratec, but hope this will open the door for more options.[:D]
A supercharger would be the only way for that to work thanks to the exhaust manifold/cat on the Duratec. Depending on the test procedure in your area, it might be possible to pass emissions by installing another cat to replace the one that was removed. I know of some permanent methods to reduce HC emissions, but have no clues about NOx emissions caused by rich conditions- which might be more evident in turbo vehicles.

If you live in a non-emissions state, the FS or Hi-Boost kit should suffice as a good aftermarket turbo kit- probably for a little less money than a factory produced turbo car.

·
GreyRice WOoT!
10,786 Posts
damn mazda is like fords line of performance cars, maxda just came out with the suv that is superchraged, got the maxda6 awd sc and now the 3 sc....i may have to get a maxda esp if the 3 has awd as an option[8)]

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Klondike said:
damn mazda is like fords line of performance cars, maxda just came out with the suv that is superchraged, got the maxda6 awd sc and now the 3 sc....i may have to get a maxda esp if the 3 has awd as an option[8)]
mazda has always been about quick and fun cars. that is why so many people lost hope for mazda in the early 90's all the way til when they came out with the mazda mazda6

·
Registered
650 Posts
hmm I have the FocusSport Turbo, Stage I&II... loving it!! w00t

·
Registered
696 Posts
You do? Nice. How much did you have to do to the engine to keep it from blowing up with a turbo in it?

[thumb]

[8]

·
Registered
650 Posts
so far its 100% stock internals... pushing 9psi... I had it to 11psi but the stock clutch was slipping...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts