Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so ive searched and gone to car audio places only to get the run around and even more confused... about 2 weeks ago i went in an a guy handed me a part saying this is all you will need. not having the money i gave it back and said id be back when i got paid... went in today and 2 different guys told me about 300$ worth of "totally needed" stuff to make it work... where as the guy before had handed me a like 30$ part... so im turning to yall like i should have right away... i just want a temp. solution till i can buy a new HU. i just wanna plug my amp in to my stocker for now... what do i need/ how do i do it... thanks a ton...

josh [8]

·
Registered
51 Posts
What you need is called a "line output convertor". They should be available all over the place. Crutchfield has one for $20 here

Crutchfield provides really good support and instructions, so if you're not sure how to wire it up they would be a good choice to buy from. You will basically take the speaker outputs of your stock head unit and plug them into the line output convertor (LOC). Then the output of the LOC is RCA plugs and goes to the amplifier.

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^^ i think thats what they were trying to get me to buy except the one they told me to get was like 300 bucks... with them installing it... they said it was complex and i had to hook it up to all the stock speakers, amp, and sub... they royally confused me

·
Registered
393 Posts
They where tring to sell you the new high end pieces that is a multi channel level matcher etc, etc. they run about $300 +.

I plan on using a basic line out converter on my 07 Sedan. I is all I will need.

Tim

·
Registered
365 Posts
You can get a line out converter at Wal-mart for 15 bucks. Heres how I did mine, I didn't want to cut into my stock speaker wires at all so I went to the junk yard told them i wanted a stock wiring harness from a focus. Then I bought an aftermarket wiring harness, for plugging an aftermarket h/u in. that was another 5 bucks. I then wired in my converter to the after market wiring harness then plugged it all in. I then ran pre-outs from the converter to my trunk and set the converter behind my stock h/u didn't cut a single wire in my car and if I ever want to put an aftermarket h/u in my car its all wired up. probably more trouble then what I had to go through but the results are awsome, and on top of that installed my system for about 20 bucks... sorry for the long post

·
Registered
407 Posts
shooga said:
What you need is called a "line output convertor". They should be available all over the place. Crutchfield has one for $20 here

Crutchfield provides really good support and instructions, so if you're not sure how to wire it up they would be a good choice to buy from. You will basically take the speaker outputs of your stock head unit and plug them into the line output convertor (LOC). Then the output of the LOC is RCA plugs and goes to the amplifier.
yeah or go to best buy abd get it for 20 also

1 - 7 of 7 Posts