Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sorry if this is posted somewhere but i cant find this anywhere....im going to hook up a switch in my car that goes to LEDs in my vents...but i dont know how to hook the switch to the battery or the LEDs to the switch. i read the how to guides for hooking LEDs up but it never says anything about how to hook the switch to the LEDs or the switch to the battery... im new with cars.

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
It's easier to just tap into the fuse panel to get 'power' then running wires though the firewall to the battery itself.

99% of people will tap into the fuse panel for an install like this. There's several ways to do this, rather then explain, do a GOOGLE on this and you'll find 'generic' HOW TO's that will help you draw power this way.

Hope this helps......

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
yes it's much easier to go thru the fuse panel. you can get fuse taps which make it a whole lot easier to tap. (no cutting or splicing).

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
The fuse panel is behind the door on the dash board by the driver's left knee location *underneath the headlight switch* on the downside of the dash.

Also as mentioned, use fuse taps and be sure to fuse the wire also prior to connecting to the LED's.... as a precaution.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok i think im starting to understand this more. could someone post pictures of EVERYTHING i need if i want to hook up some LEDs? i know i need a "fuse tap"(?) but if i went to a store id have no idea what to look for. and i hook that up to the fuse box (where can i plug it in?) and then do i need to buy wire? if so what kind of wire? any special guage? and then i hook that to a plain LED bulb?
i am so lost....ive never done anything like this at all. i mean i can build a whole computer from the motherboard up but when it comes to this kind of stuff i am a total newbie ha. sorry for all the questions its just that i have never done anything like this.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.