Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where I can get a pair of good hood struts?

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Thats where i got mine. I have had them for over three years and still work like new.

·
Registered
389 Posts
How ya doin', Mike!

Did you get the Elite or the regular kit? And, how was the install? (Granted, you're a trained professional... [:D] )

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
I think mine is the regular kit. I believe the elite kit was with polished struts. It was actually pretty easy to do. You will need a rivit gun to do it though. You may also want to have some touch up paint handy. When you get done with the job, and close the hood, you will see the bright silver brackets shining through the side of the hood seam. So i took some touch up paint and painted the brakets after i installed them and you dont notice them.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
i wonder if the kits that the honda people are using can be adapted to the focus....

you dont have to drill holes... you use a bolt on either side of the hood on the hinge to mount a pillow ball, and then you replace one of the fender bolts with a pillow ball... i like that idea more than drilling.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oh ok, well i think i'll order this kit tonight, i like the exposed rivets, it kinda gives it that purpose-built look that i'm after, ya know?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ordered :D
Anyone else like the body kit on that grey sema focus on their page?

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
How much is this hood strut kit?

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
can anyone point me in the direction of an electric kit? I can't find any. Am i just gonna have to buy a linear actuator and do this myself? Does anyone on this site have a hood that opens and closes on its own?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts