Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm gonna paint to flat black stripes with a little like 2 cm space in between because that raised part in our hoods isn't big enough for anything larger I'm already working on the trunk.......erm lower part of the trunk lol and so far I've done my spoiler flat black.....but there's a lot of [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)] flying around in the air so I have to wet sand it.

·
Registered
359 Posts
So is there a question here?

·
Registered
211 Posts
I have seen it done. Not a fan. If u like it tho that's what's Gucci in the end ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414872177.219700.jpg

Some photo shop

·
Registered
2,484 Posts

Stripes all the way down is how Ford does it

·
Registered
359 Posts
I think you have your answer on how it will look

·
Registered
93 Posts
I bought the stripes from autozone 20 bucks. Went all the way like ford does. Looked good im trying to do the same thing. Go all the way down it looks way better.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Somebody on here plastidipped stripes following the body lines of the hood on their Black mk2. Very subtle, but looked real good in my opinion.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Does the plastidip stick well? Ive never used it but it seems like it would just peel off in the wind. I wanted to use it on my spoiler but idk how well it sticks.

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,108 Posts
Does the plastidip stick well? Ive never used it but it seems like it would just peel off in the wind. I wanted to use it on my spoiler but idk how well it sticks.
It sticks very well actually. Nope you can travel at 400mph and it won't come off.

You can do about 3 coats then a clear glossifier if you want it glossier. I have hood stripes on my MK1 that have been on for at least a year, no peeling, no fading. and if it would, you can just peel it off and redo it.

Im getting ready to do my roof.

·
Registered
182 Posts
It sticks very well actually. Nope you can travel at 400mph and it won't come off.

You can do about 3 coats then a clear glossifier if you want it glossier. I have hood stripes on my MK1 that have been on for at least a year, no peeling, no fading. and if it would, you can just peel it off and redo it.

Im getting ready to do my roof.
Holy [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)] I laughed my ass off reading this "400 mph" hahahahaha! [hatchet]

-----------------

Paint them yourself. I had a 95 Grand Am GT - I put custom stripes painted from back to front, all the way down even under the lip. WORTH IT. Plastidip is F**ING amazing. [thankyou]

I would suggest clearing it too, BUT DON'T PEEL OF YOUR MASKING TAPE until AFTER you have cleared too!!! It will be the biggest pain in your a$$ if you forget this, at least it was for me!

MY STEPS TO HOOD STRIPES
More work, but worth it for perfect lines.

- Clean, clean, prep, and prep again.
- Buy the hood stripes from autozone, walmart, advance, wherever and put them on as perfect as possible... TAKE TIME TO MEASURE.
- Get your masking tape out and news paper or plastic from home depot or lowes, whatever you want to use - I used the painters plastic for the floor, more coverage.
- Place the plastic or news paper all over the car so you don't have over spray - it's a bitch to clean - do not put it over the stripes leave that whole are blank for now.
- With your blue painters tape or masking tape, apply as close to the stripes decal/vinyl as possible, long seamless strips as long as you can.
- Place the tape in between small lines as well if you used those by stripping them in half. Me personally I cut them out and used only the large solid lines not the tiny ones.
- Plastidip evenly (watch videos on youtube) - best case is to go and borrow a neighbors air compressor and buy a sprayer from anywhere you can, gravity fed preferably.
- Let dry, do a few coats (whatever you like - I prefer 3).
- Clear coat (I did 2)
- Let dry
- Remove masking and plastic/news paper
- Enjoy!

Correct me if I'm wrong, that's what I did on my Pontiac.

Don't laugh at the photo I just turned 18 when I owned it. No style lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts