Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I just had a thread on here not to long ago, but the website a Focus Fanatic gave me didn't have the color I was looking at. I was directed to nthcoast.com. They have roush hood scoops that come pre-painted. They have infra red but not cardinal red.

Does anyone know of another place out on the web where I can get my hands on a hood scoop? Prepainted would be nice, but one that primed or less would also be ok.

Rep points will be awarded!! [thumb]

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
I think the reds are pretty much the same code E4. I did a search and there are about 4-5 colors listed for that code.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So infernored and cardinal red are the same colors, just different names?

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
I've been to different part stores and the E4 has had different colors listed. I can tell you this much, they do not match factory paint. I have Vermillion Red and my E4 didn't match so good.

I just looked at some paint I have. Bright Red, Vermillion Red, and Cardinal Red, all E4.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Does anyone know of another place out on the web where I can get my hands on a hood scoop? Prepainted would be nice, but one that primed or less would also be OK. [thumb]
There's a couple scoops still floating around on eBay but they're way more money than NorthCoast.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so let me get this straight guys lol

I have Cardinal Red paint. The hood scoop is Infarared. Will those colors match?

If they all have E4 paint codes, shouldnt' they technically be the same color?

Please shead some light on this...

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
If they all have E4 paint codes, shouldn't' they technically be the same color?

Please shed some light on this...
You need to give folks more than 19 minutes to reply.
[histerical]

Technically E4=E4
Although, a red color sprayed today will look different than the same red mixed and sprayed next week.
Red is one of the most difficult colors, second to pearl white, to shoot!

My car when it was built was Silver Frost but when I buy paint, I buy CD silver; both TS code.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok. thanks guys for the help. i have figured out what i'm going to do.

·
Registered
479 Posts
i got mine there. they sold me a cloud white one and took to a near by body shop they painted it for an even $100. the site only has a few scoops left thats why they didn't have our colors.

·
!FRENCH FRY!
4,236 Posts
yep, my car was listed as "blazin' copper metallic" on the sticker sitting on the lot. there were a few listed as such. and a few more, very same car, same model, same year, same EVERYTHING listed as "orange crush"

rely on the paint code more so than the name itself.

in any case, you can check out ebay as well. northcoast is great, i've done business with them, they're reliable, always easy to get in touch with, and good prices. with that said, as great as their prices are on roush parts...there's a roush discount store on ebay that has great prices too. i've noticed northcoast may have them beat on some things, while the ebay store will have better pricing on other things due to free shipping. so check them both out. can't go wrong either way, i love both businesses.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts