Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a salvaged hood that I will be getting for free and it matches my paint so I don't have to worry about getting it repainted. I think that I am going to experiment with it and put a hood scoop on it.

Is there such thing as a hood scoop that you don't have to drill through the hood to attach it? (lol please don't laugh)

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that's what I was thinking actually...

Does anyone know where I could get a reasonable hood scoop?

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ehh....bummer.

i didn't find one for the focus on ebay

·
Registered
149 Posts
saleen hood scoop on ebay. or if you wanna go real cheap they have many like black ones that come with the double sided tape. but id go with the saleen scoop....and its on ebay

·
Registered
759 Posts
3M double sided automotive tape.. sticks GREAT. you can make almost (key word almost) any scoop to work.. as long as it's not too long for the hood or too wide for the body lines... it's all about what you think looks good.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
there are alot of roush scoops on ebay for a newer model mustang...will those fit?

·
Premium Member
2,993 Posts
3m tape only may hold, providing you have a lot of surface area to cover with it. Screwed in with tape for sealing is really an unquestionable mounting.

You would be surprised the amount of lift force a hood scoop is subjected to.

·
Registered
367 Posts
jeff is right go to nthcoast the hoods are on sale....even take a look at his car....it looks nice

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks guys for all the help...i just ordered one and it will be in soon...i'll post pictures when it's done

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
hmm...idk...my personal preferance would have to be the roush hood scoop lol

1 - 20 of 32 Posts