Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So at first I didn't have the rattle. Then I took my short ram intake off and put my factory one back on. Immediately, I started having a rattle in the hood release latch when the car was stopped with my foot on the brake in drive. After a few days of being annoyed and seeing how much worse my mileage was with the factory intake on I decided to take it off. Immediately the rattle stopped and it's been that way for a few weeks. Last Saturday I brought the car in for an oil change and the next day any time I am stopped in drive there is a loud knocking type rattle that seems to be coming from in behind the gauges or up by the windshield. As soon as I let off the brake and touch the gas it disappears. It's not the hood release latch because when it was doing it before it was really shaking and now it doesn't. I haven't had a chance to have someone sit with it in gear while I investigate but this morning when I got to work and pulled in my spot it was really knocking so I popped the hood and as soon as I did that it stopped. Any idea what component of the hood release cable it could be?

·
Registered
95 Posts
its nothing big it could be a fan tapping i had that, also you could have something in the stock intake and when the car is in park/neutral it isnt taking in as much air check those first if not then tighten the bolts on the hood and that should help it

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Problem solved. I had a chance to check things out yesterday and fixed it in about 5 seconds. I guess when it was in for it's oil change they took the filter off my intake to check it out and when they put it back on they didn't put it on right and it was hitting off the underside of the hood when I was at a stop.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts