Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[dunno] ok here's the deal. my throttle body was missing a bolt so i went to Lowe's to find some replacement parts. popped my hood to get a bolt out and then closed the hood. got the shit i needed and when i came back to put my new parts on my hood won't pop. the hood pop button has no tension through it. any help on this problem or on getting the hood open would greatly appreciated.

thanks,

Carey

·
Registered
575 Posts
your cable probably came unhooked all you have to do is find the cable and pull on it and your hood should open right up.

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
ah I thought you were gonna say that the hood just unlatches and opens up while you were driving. I also was going to say that you should get some hood pins (like for mustang) and use those to keep it latched... but looks like it's the other way around...

but yes, sounds like the cable just came off.....

·
I AM DA FOCI FANATIC
3,715 Posts
Look behind the handle you pull on to release the hood. The cable should be attached to it, and a bracket behind that that holds the tube that the cable travels in.

Try to pull on that.

If that dosnt work, than get a coat hanger make a hook and see if you can snag the cable at the front of the car by the hood latch where you can see the "bare" cable.

Hook it and pull.

Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts