Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Farf...

Any recommendations/tips/linky's on how to stop someone from popping the hood from outside the car? Home remedies are welcome...

Had my SVT for like two days, and this morning I go out and see that the hood had been popped open... first step in ripping it off?
Not sure how they got at the release from under the car, but then, I'm not a car thief [B)]

After having my ricer ripped off, needless to say this is *disconcerting*

Been searching for something effective yet easy to install (tonight!) that doesn't require drilling freaking holes in the hood...

Next step would be some type of stoopid alarm...

Thanks,

-TommyToohi

·
Registered
196 Posts
you can get to the hood release from through the grill its fairly simple my cable is broken thats how i open mine... Take the grill out and you may be able to make a little shield to block them from getting to the lever... thats probably your best option

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
worth investigating!

you can get to the hood release from through the grill its fairly simple my cable is broken thats how i open mine... Take the grill out and you may be able to make a little shield to block them from getting to the lever... thats probably your best option
that's reasonable, thanks~
I have some steel plating hanging around somewhere, a skill saw and drill bits.... interesting.
I'll see where I might be able to securely mount it and take it from there.

-TooHi

·
Registered
602 Posts
Or , you can go for the European version, no cable,but a lock sylinder behind the Ford logo in the front, dont know the price, but the only way to open without the key is drilling the lock.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Or , you can go for the European version, no cable,but a lock sylinder behind the Ford logo in the front, dont know the price, but the only way to open without the key is drilling the lock.
he wanted something by tonight but good thinking thats what i have ordered for mine lol[thumb]

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
COOL - Didn't know that was available....

Can't guess WHAT they were trying to steal from under the hood though....

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Battery is the only "quick cash" item....

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yup

COOL - Didn't know that was available....

Can't guess WHAT they were trying to steal from under the hood though....
very cool, agreed;
And per my previous post, I'm not a thief so I can only guess - they likely have tricks to get these in their garages....

Here's somthing that looks possible/relatively easy, but could be a head banger (and I can't find 'AQUA' on de webinator)

-TooHi

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Think?

Glue some razor blades up there, get yourself some DNA too.
Right-O, mate.

Maybe, just maybe that's why I can't find them on the interweb.

Lawyers/solicitors eat that kinda stuff up like Spam on biscuits!
Spam and eggs? Spam, Spam, Spam, and eggs?

-TooHi

1 - 10 of 10 Posts