Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
FocusXtreme
3,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so when i drop my hood the latch won't hold it totally shut. it only closes to the point right after you pop the hood to prepare to open it.

what are my options?- should i get a new latch and cable system put in at ford, should i get hood pins installed, or should i take it somewhere else like meineke

Mike from hilbish if you have any suggestions please post i dnt want to get skrewed here in KY

Thanks for the help guys and as always i will rep for help

·
Focus Hoarder
3,633 Posts
mine on one of my focus's did and still on the occasion does that.. i pulled the cowl off the latch and unbolted the latching assembly then pulled it as high as it could go then re-tightened the bolts.. it still does it on the occasion but i just drop the hood from about a foot to a foot in a half and it secures it..

there is also rubber stoppers on each side of the upper rad mount that upi screw in and out I set mine a little lower

Reactions: badass3

·
FocusXtreme
3,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
can you explain this or pics or anything because i really dnt have to money for new. but i wont even be back to my car till thurs.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I would check the rubber stoppers as mentioned in this thread already. They are there to prevent the hood from being lowered to far and if not adjusted properly, will not allow the hood to fully shut, leaving it in the "half-latch" mode.

I am speaking from experiance. Those rubber stoppers have been known to move on you and they do need some adjusting from time to time. Try this out before you spend money trying to get it fixed.

·
Focus Hoarder
3,633 Posts
I will get a better description and pictures in the morning I may take a small vid of what both my hoods do

XD I highly doubt my neighbors would be to happy with me slamming the hoods takin pics and all that right now LOL

·
FocusXtreme
3,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ya i feel that any pics and video of the process would help a bunch

·
Registered
305 Posts
Also if you do the above mentioned items and still have issues with the latch. You can change it out pretty quick and the part you could get used( you dont have to change the cable with the latch unless you just want to...may save you a few dollars.) If you are interested in purchasing used I have a good contact for used stuff(through PM). Let me know.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts