Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the genuine "ford" hood deflector
Slammed the brakes on for install when I seen they want you to drill holes on the underside [thumbd]
I was wondering if anyone has mounted the ford one using 3M tape after seeing several on Summits site that mount only with tape

·
Registered
319 Posts
I used some 3M tape on my Weathertech in channel vent visors because the tape they came with was pure crap and the visors would fall off. Luckily there is a metal clip that prevents them from blowing away!

So far with the 3M tape, the things haven't budged. I recommend it. The stuff I used was called "clear mounting tape" or something like that. So if I ever want to peel it off, I won't have to worry about it leaving anything behind.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Painting the holes, and screwing it together immediately after putting wet paint in the hole did the trick on my S-10 that used tape plus screws for the official attachment.

Bottom of the truck has rusted away since '95, but none where the deflector attached.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Painting the holes, and screwing it together immediately after putting wet paint in the hole did the trick on my S-10 that used tape plus screws for the official attachment.

Bottom of the truck has rusted away since '95, but none where the deflector attached.

^^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^^^^

·
Registered
425 Posts
^^^^^THIS

The AVS brand one is far nicer to look at, and goes on with no hassle at all. I had one on my 2012 and thought it looked great. That's coming from someone who sells genuine ford parts. Here's what one looks like up close. Most dealerships and parts stores can get these no problem.

·
Registered
143 Posts
if you can return the ford one, i would get the AVS one far better looking.i got mine from Partsengine.ca $67 shipped for free out of Toronto

·
Registered
650 Posts
Always Always Always use iso alcohol at 99 percent not the walgreens 70 percent. 3M tape will love the squeaky prepped area. I have the pedal covers, not screwed, not clipped (they didn't stay fastened anyway) just 3m taped for a year now and Zero issues. I did use a C clamp and block of wood to secure it over night so it bonded with the rubber pedals. I did not even remove the rubber inserts.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts