Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I was recently in a rear end collision and my hood and crap got messed up.

I have searched every for just exterior replacement parts because I am going to have to pay for everything and I am trying to save as much as possible. Plus I dont feel like getting ripped off by a mechanic.

Point here is...
Where can I get a cheap hood for my 05 zx3?

Stupid question...would I be able to use a 04 hood? probably not.

I dont even know what to do, I dont feel like getting ripped off so I came here for some advice stuff. Much appreciation.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
if you wanted to go with an 04 hood you would have to completely change your front end and get all 04 parts such as lights, hood, bumper, grill

as far as cheaper parts you could try focus salvage they might have a used one you could save some money on. or try to find someone with an after market hood on their 05-06 and see if they want to sell their oem

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
shouldn't be anything else beside OEM bumper cover, headlamps (if those are broken or scratched), hood, and radiator/hood support, and the grille.

radiator support is the same as 00-04 unless someone can prove me otherwise.
Grand total should be less than $1000 if you look in the right places.

·
aka The Wizard
8,950 Posts
dude i feel your pain....
i got hit too (by a retarded kid at my school who drives a ranger)

heres some pics (damage cost $4700, my deductible was only $400)
the gap between the hood and the fender (pass. side)

pic of the headlight (driver's side)

pic of the whole front.....

yeah i was just minding my business turning left and this idiot hits me doing 40 (in a 20) it was in my schools parking lot so he didn't have to pay for anything.......

but yeah and the frame wsa bent so they had to pull it and all that good stuff
i feel your pain man..... good luck....

and yes, check focus salvage....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts