Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought this ram air hood. I need to know what I should do with the paint color. i was wanting to paint it black, then get the hela lights and paint them the same color as my car. I drive a dark blue ( think its the midnight color ) sedan. you can look at my pics. Or should i paint the hood and the lights black or both the color of my car. One more thing. Should i paint the hood then put it on or put it on then have them paint it? thanks for any help.

·
Jetsetter
6,657 Posts
keep it the same color of the car

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
really? you think it would look that stupied if I did the hood black and the halos? I think every one for there input! I have seen some cars with it all the same color and it just seems like there is nothing to break up the color. If you know what i mean.

·
AAAHHHHH!!!!
4,304 Posts
whenever i see someone with a black painted hood, i just cant help but think that they are trying to pretend that they have a carbon fiber hood.

·
Registered
2 Posts
yeah if i were you i would paint it the same as the car and then on the hand if you wanted to go with the diff color hood you could always go with the cf hood.

·
FoFo Quebec!
1,486 Posts
One thing's for sure, keep the hood and the hella's the same colour. Go with your feeling [thumb]

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks qbert! yeah i definatly dont want the hella's a different color than the hood. that looks like crap. i think that if i kept them black with the hood than it would'nt look like i was trying to look like I had a cf hood! i wish i could do some paint shop to see what it looked like lol.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Does the hood have those 2 ridges in it like the stock one? If you dont want it all body color, then paint the inside of the ridges black, and the outside body color. I always liked the hella's the same color as the car.

·
Registered
352 Posts
^^I like the idea fspeed has. If you want some black in the color and it has some nice lines seperating the center a flat black center with color matched sides might look good. Kind've the same idea I have with my hood, although mine is just unpainted CF in the center. If you got some pics of the hood it'd help come up with an idea [:)]

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah if you want pics its the one on ebay. it has a pic of a silver focus with it on it. I do like that idea. however i called about a paint price today. they are wanting over double to paint the hood the same color as my car instead of black. they said that i would have to have my fenders blended in. I called like 10 places. the highest was $700 for color and the lowest was $350 for color. For black they were wanting $450 to $100. so i really liked the black idea after i heard those prices lol. I never knew painting was that expensive!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts