Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think about the SVT Focus? High's low's? Good daily driver? Problems/

Reason I ask is I'm looking for a good fun small car that still gets good gas milage. That way I can garage my two other cars and keep the milage off of them. The only other car I am considering is the Vibe (big plus being the dealer installed s/c covered under warrenty).

·
Registered
110 Posts
I LOVE MINE

my husband i work for ford and had a demo svt focus...decided against it and bought a 2002 power preminum zx5 eight months later we bought one. A 2003 SVT my husband drives it everyday and could not be happier.

gas mileage is pretty good. we have and and did not have any problems with the 2002 or 2003

i highly recommend them. i think that they are a great buy for the money.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I love mine. Its an absolute blast to drive, with handling thats second to practically none. The only down sides i see is that it would have been nice to see may 200hp from the factory[:D] and its about 100-200lbs too heavy.

·
Registered
75 Posts
In my honest opinion, there is no other car for the same money that will perform as well on the street and at the track, EXCEPT the Dodge SRT-4, but the SRT-4 probably still lags in the handling department in comparison. I'm very pleased with my SVT Focus.

I think you'll be disappointed in the SVT's lack of low-end power, but you'll be amazed by it's handling characteristics. As for gas mileage--I think it eats premium fuel almost as quickly as my Mustang GT did. So iff you're truly looking to save some super-duper cash on gas, this SVT Focus not the car for you, in my opinion.

Sincerely,

Beetle

·
Registered
76 Posts
I've had mine for about 3 weeks and love it so far. But have to say, it get worse gas milage then my 97 Eclipse GS-Turbo did. It handles better then the Eclipse, and isn't much slower then it in pure acceleration. My only big complaint is how slow the engine revs, but get it over 5000 rpm and it's pure fun.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts