Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's not what you think.

I read somewhere that "even the crappiest motorcycle will beat most cars on the road". I put that to the test. I borrowed my wife's Honda Elite 150 scooter with the broken fairing and the right turn signal hanging by a wire and took to the streets of Anchorage to challenge American muscle.

Now everyone knows or should know that the biggest 4X4 jacked up trucks are king in Alaska. I'd sit there next to trucks and SUVs at the stop lights reving my engine while the whole front of the scooter shook like an unbalanced blender at a juice bar. Yeah, go Honda.

There was a new 4X4 dually Dodge 1 ton crew cab pick up with running boards that was ready for the challenge. I don't know if was the V10. Does it matter?

The driver dismissed me like a mosquito, but when the light turned green, it was a sad day for Mopar. Incredibly, the scooter exactly kept up with the truck from light to light. I couldn't get ahead, but I didn't fall behind. At each light, I could hear the driver curse louder and louder, smacking his steering wheel and pulling at his flannel shirt, boiling mad that this idiot on the $250 scooter equaled his $40,000 truck's performance. Good thing we never got above 50 mph, because that was the top speed of this quality Honda product.

I took a left turn because I figured the driver was probably getting the Alaskan version of road rage and would soon be taking shots at me with a hunting rifle off of his gun rack or pulling a .454 Casull pistol that every other Alaskan carries on the remote possibility they have to shoot a cornered brown bear or blood thirsty moose.

Sometimes Hondas do win. I'm not proud of the fact, but there ya go.

·
Registered
970 Posts
haha...my dad drives a 74 suzuki ts185 up there during the summers...loud as shit (2 cycle engine) but it goes pretty quick [:)]

·
Registered
125 Posts
Good read... Got a good laugh out of that one...

·
Boost?
2,378 Posts
this just roves that everything honda makes is amazing, from the description of the moped it sounds like its in thw comdition of most civics i see around town

·
Registered
7,414 Posts
it's kind of related to this but, i raced my friends mid 80's honda 500cc crotchrocket with a 00' Lightning and whooped him badly. he was quite pissed about that.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm either really impressed about the Lightning or really disappointed with the Honda. Well, I did say a crappy motorcycle will beat MOST cars on the road. We are talking about a 360 hp, 410 ft-lb torque intercooled SVT truck...hardly like most on the road.

·
Registered
588 Posts
go figure "honda" and "power to weight ratio" in the same post. They go hand in hand lol.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts