Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, just wanted to share this...today when i was going to take lunch, i took home a '03 S2000 that we had as a trade in. I have to tell you that im not at all impressed. I really hate to say that because i thought that i wanted one. Since the first time i saw one, i thought that that was one of the coolest looking cars i had ever seen. Still is, but it doesnt perform anywhere near the level i thought it would. I didnt really want to trade my svt but thought that maybe for an S2000 if the deal was right. The deal is good but cant do it. On a side note, just to let you guys know, we have an '04 sonic blue svt on the lot that has like 15k miles on it. Our used car manager is motivated right now to sell it. we're in Kannapolis, NC close to Charlotte if youre interested.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Probably more fun too. Its cramped, has no kinda power below 8k, and i could be wrong, but i swear that my svt could out handle it. When i took it home, there is a really curvy road close to the house that i tried it out on, and my svt is better through the curves. [thumb]

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
God i love those avatars CKA, lol Off topic i know, but what the hay.

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
I've always liked the S2000 but never had the opportunity to drive one. From what I've heard, it corresponds with your experiences - you have to keep the tach close to the redline to keep things interesting, and that's not very practical on the streets.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It had nothing till you hit about 7k and up. A stock svt without t/c could eat it alive out of the hole. And Drkknight, no i didnt trade, i wouldnt after driving it either. Im disappointed too because i had high hopes.

·
Registered
976 Posts
I like the S2000s. But, for the price it should have a 6 in it, or at least a bigger 4.

·
Banned
9,238 Posts
I LOVE S2000's, and with a supercharger and coilover system, they will blow your mind. A professor at my school has a fully track prepped one, it's awesome.

·
Livin' it up in Cali
2,005 Posts
They are nice cars, whats their redline by the way considering you say not much power until 7k+.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
9200 is the redline. Im not a novice to cars and esp hondas, i have owned and built many, just never had the opertunity to drive the infamous S2000. I think maybe my expectations were just set too high. The '91 Si that i had, which i had bought a JDM B16 and then built it up way over stock, had more power than the S2000 by a good margin. Maybe i shouldnt have expected it to compare to the little civic.

·
Cashed in my chips
2,837 Posts
S2000 is a nice looking car. I've never been inside one, but I beat one on a 0-60mph race. Had him by 1/2 car length the whole way. Obviously they don't launch any better than the SVT's...lol

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
^^ He must have had a bad launch all right, since the times for the S2000 are still significantly better than the SVT. The S2000 is capable of getting to 60 in less than 6 seconds in the hands of a good driver.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I wasent saying that it was that slow, just nothing below that high rpm. Runs like a 2 stroke dirt bike.lol

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
In that class, I would much rather have a boxster...

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
I like the looks of the S2k... Never drove one, but based on looks it's better looking than most 2 seaters. I don't know if I could get used to a cramped vehicle though, sat in one and it was a pretty tight fit.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Good choice! I was actually thinking about getting one myself (trading in my focus) but now im leaning towards the gti 20th anniv. both good cars , I cant resist the turbo though..How much did they give you for your car? pics???

·
Registered
588 Posts
thefrush said:
I LOVE S2000's, and with a supercharger and coilover system, they will blow your mind. A professor at my school has a fully track prepped one, it's awesome.
Not doggin ya frush, but almost any car with a supercharger would blow one's mind.

The s2000 is still a pretty cool car, probably the only VETAK car I would ever want to own, but two seater isn't doable these days unless you have 2 other cars.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts