Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WTf. Last night i was at a street racing session. Me and this del sol ended up racing. But i didnt want to race was just watching. But they convinced me that it was all stock even though it had a car club sticker on it so i told them id do a run then.

I ended up getting out the gate first but he ended up beating me in a quarter mile buy a car and a half or 2. Wtf? How can this be if he is stock.

They ended up telling me later he had cold air intake and exhaust but is that enough to beat me by 2 cars?

(im running on stock)

First Street race session =) was pretty fun. WE had like 30 cars following each other and found a spot about 55 miles out of town and raced at 1 am. It was well worth the drive. Some some pretty fast cars and my buddy raced his 7 series bmw witch was pretty exciting too.

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
Soon I hope you'll grow up and get out of the street race scene, its a quick way to loose your car or even your life just by spectating alone, even worse stuff if you actually get caught racing.

Moved to General racing chat.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Was My First time. Im not 18 yet so i cant drag. I dont even want to drag i want to find some courses and course my focus. But there is no courses around here.

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
^you race even if your not 18. Also if it was a "stock" del sol it could be one of the DOHC V-tec equipped one. Not all of those came with the SOHC. Thats 160hp stock they could hit high 14's stock. You need more mods to catch up to the power to weight of that little thing.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They Told me what they had in it [:)][:)][:)][:)] i cant remember. Maybe he said d-12 or some thing i never heard of

·
Registered
577 Posts
the del sol is possibly lighter than a focus??? engine responds well to aftermarket upgrades??? something he didnt tell you??? if it was a manual tranny, he shifts quicker than you??? lots of possibilities

get out of the street racing scene... now. cops are getting tougher and tougher on street racers and the definition of street racing is changing towards more aggressive standards. insurance companies arent much nicer about street racing either! its not worth it... even if you have to plan a once or every other month trip to another state for a road course, you at least get to keep your license, car, insurance, and your life

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
But i cant race cause im under 18 wit out parents permission! =(

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
^^^ Good Point. Does any one know a course track around san luis obispo county?

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
the worse that could happen is they call the police impound your car. Write u[p numerous amounts of bs tickets and take your dl from you. But that would be a nightmare! But for though the worse that could happen is they ask for your parents permission and don't let you race but I doubt that. The point to going to the track is to do stuff that illegal anyway were else can you race a car side by side and be legal. I just don't see in my mind why they would'nt let you race.

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
Soon I hope you'll grow up and get out of the street race scene, its a quick way to loose your car or even your life just by spectating alone, even worse stuff if you actually get caught racing.

Moved to General racing chat.
Moved? I'm surprised you didn't lock this....we have a pretty strict anti-street racing policy here.....LOL [hihi]

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
Moved? I'm surprised you didn't lock this....we have a pretty strict anti-street racing policy here.....LOL [hihi]
I am not a big racing guy so I am never in this forum, (happen to catch this one in General car chat) so if it's supposed to be locked instead I'm sure a Moderator who is more up to date with street race threads will do so.

Last I heard though as long as the story does not describe stupid driving, weaving through traffic, posting excessive speeds, or bragging about driving like a douche bag its ok to leave.

We'll see though.

·
Lurking
1,999 Posts
well if i were you i would take it to a track... have you ever been to your local track? if they say you have to be 18 ask them if they want you to go out race on the streets and possibly kill your self or other people.... i have never heard of a track requiring the driver to be 18... hell they have kids 8 years old driving dragsters.. so it can't hurt to ask.. and talk to your mom and dad about it.. what can they tell you? NO!! BFD just spend your time modding the FOFO and get that thing faster so when u can make it to a track you can have fun.....

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
please don't street race, i lost 4 friends to that, and you not being 18 yet, well, i don't want to read about you in the obituaries. you have a focus, not a mustang, it shouldn't be used for dragging unless built up. I mean, what do you have to prove???

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
^^No reason for that.

This thread was working well as information and rehab for our young member, which is what we should do.

As per the race track information you asked for, i found these just by googleing:

http://www.drugg.net/drag_strips.htm

http://www.racereview.com/california.htm

No clue how close they may be, but you guys sure have more oppertunity out there than I do. We have 2 drag strips in Minnesota, grove Creek and BIR, and that's it. So feel lucky if you have one even 100 miles away.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
^^No reason for that.

This thread was working well as information and rehab for our young member, which is what we should do.

As per the race track information you asked for, i found these just by googleing:

http://www.drugg.net/drag_strips.htm

http://www.racereview.com/california.htm

No clue how close they may be, but you guys sure have more oppertunity out there than I do. We have 2 drag strips in Minnesota, grove Creek and BIR, and that's it. So feel lucky if you have one even 100 miles away.

Thanks helped out, But im looking for like courses =/ like i know there ia famoso or something drag strip in bakersfield 2 hours away. And i have gone there for my dads races but i dont want to drag

·
Registered
533 Posts
Never heard of them not letting you not drag, My first time at the strip i was 16. No problems didnt even check my ID ?????

1 - 20 of 38 Posts