Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Banned
2,334 Posts
not bad at all, now you just need to cut the weather stripping out or put some hood spacers on so you wont get heatsoak

·
Premium Member
2,993 Posts
Removing the weather stripping at the hood line along the fire wall will allow heat to escape and not build up. Or, raising the rear of the hood will do the same thing, as the hood will not seal against the weather strip.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
looks good. shoulda got a red filter to match the car. haha j.k.

·
Banned
150 Posts
wouldnt water get onto electrical wires though if you raising the rear of the hood or removing the weather stripping.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Water in the engine bay doesn't hurt anything... I have an EVO hood on my 07 sedan... any time it rains the engine gets soaked, so do all the wires and gadgets under there should be fine.

·
Banned
150 Posts
well looks like im putting washers on my hood whenever i see my car next. maybe start my cutting of the hood for my scoop

·
Registered
10 Posts
<------- New kid. I see the snorkel is still on your car. Did you just not remove it or is it sill serving a purpose. Just thought id ask.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well when i took the stock intake apart and saw how that little snorkel worked i figured id keep it. air is still being sucked through it so its going right to my new intake setup.

·
FocusXtreme
3,369 Posts
the snorkel isnt doing to much it may get a bit of cold air at high speeds but other than that you may just want to let some air get under the hood.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
the snorkel is used like a cold air. but instead of being directly connected to the cone filter, its just bring in cold air to place of the filter right now. placing a new tube at he front bumper and then the other side placed next to that same spot will do the same, but better air source.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hey. Yeah that's kind of what I did but I haven't done too much to prevent heat soak. My cone just sits on top of the old airbox so some cold air gets to it through the stock snorkel.

Taking out the weather sealing the easiest option? I just have to do that.

·
Banned
2,334 Posts
let me tell ya, i have a blk07 and the hood is always hot , even when my car is not running. so i cut the weather stripping out , about a foot and a half out, and the hood is never hot when im driving it only hot when it sits . i have a duratec and the filter sits in the left wheel well so my chance of getting heat soak is slim to none , but the cooler your motor runs the better . well worth the 10 min

·
Registered
90 Posts
Sounds good, my intake sits close to the centre of the hood so I should definitely do it lol. I do notice in rain when I come to a stop the rain steams off my hood lol. I think I will remove the weather stripping tomorrow. Hmmm might put a remote temp sensor by my intake and measure the difference.

·
Registered
454 Posts
yeah im running a steeda SRI and i raised my hood and removed the weather strip on the intake side. when the rain comes down the window fogs up lol but it helps with the heat.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Hey so basically you just took the stock MAF housing off of your stock intake box and off the stock intake tube and just slipped a cone style filter over it?

How would you say it feels compared to the stock air box? I was thinking about taking off the weather stripping and putting on good size K&N Cone shaped Filter...

1 - 20 of 36 Posts