·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here they are. Home made led cluster turn sigs, and they are waterproofed

·
Registered
842 Posts
are you going to put your grill back on?

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Look pretty sweet...however they might not be legal b/c of how low they are....not sure but check your state laws....love the CF hood too btw!!

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the car is recovering from deer damage, still deciding on a grill.....

I'm going to switzerland next month. planning on checking out european options, I think it might be worth the wait. I guess i could put the old grill back on, anybody got about twenty bottles of super glue? lol

Thanks for the positive feed back

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
Looks pretty slick!!!!

·
Registered
531 Posts
I love your car! Where did you get your SVT bumper (assuming it's new, after the crash?). I love the silver and black (my dream color scheme), truly a great car! Upload some pics into your gallery after you get a grille.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have been trying to upload pics, for a week and a half, every time i end up with a DNS error. But, i can post in a thread with no problem. Hmm, I think maybe I'm just dumb[8]

Oh, the Svt bumper came right from a local dealership, I think it was like 275, they had in stock for me in like two days, It was an amazing deal.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
surgeo1919 said:
I LOVE YOUR HALOS!!!!!!! WOW VERY SEXY! Are they stock?
Depends on what your talking about. The halos are a generic Ebay set. The LEDs as mentioned are homemade stuff. BTW very nice led setup, I might have to mimic that idea! [:D]

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
YES, the halos are somewhat generic, but bright as ..ish. The LED's, putting them together is extremely easy. I bought those lights for something decent while am am trying to find a right side ST170 light. My left didn't get destroyed in the accident. I finally found a web site that will sell them individually. europeanparts.com There is a lot of good stuff on that site.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the skinny stripe is "silver frost" pinstripe that i ordered (factory matched) at autozone. It was like $10 for a roll. Thanks

·
Registered
167 Posts
The reason why I asked if your halos were stock is because I've never seen the OEM Ford HIDs on the Focus. Who was your vendor on Ebay?

·
Registered
398 Posts
Very cool.

You've inspired me...now all I need are 2000~ white LEDs and a lot of free time....

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Actually, it's 8 superbright, amber leds. You can buy them in clusters of four from autozone for $11 a set. They are wig-wag turn signal, marker replacements. each cluster is 2 four buld clusters soldered together. they come WITH load resistors and are non-polar. this mod cost me about $23 (with tax) and a half hour of my time. And to andswer the question of legality, [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]THEY ARE LEGAL[:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]* YEEAAAHHH.......I asked a Sherriff last night. (acording to Indiana Law)

My Halos ARE NOT ebay lights. I can't remember what brand they are....APC or TYC, something like that. But they still are somewhat generic. I know my tails are TYC and i'm thinking that i got them form the same website.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
looks slick! great job man.

personally if i had your talent and knowledge I would have done a two row vertical line from top to bottom of the grille on the very edge. (or maybe moved them a few inches ove to line up right where the headligh turns flat)

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I think i see can invision what you're talking about, but to fill all those honeycomb would not only be time consuming to make, but expensive. I would have to count the honeycomb holes, but the math = $11 to fill one hole with lights. It adds up really quick.

The thought did cross my mind to make an aarow shape in the grill. Kinda like HOOTERS, delightfully tacky, yet unrefined....haha

1 - 20 of 23 Posts