Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was out and about yesterday and saw something at one of the local auto parts stores. Something that caught my attention. My car has an AEM Air intake system. It is alright. I have a really good feel for a car that I have been driving for a while. At the Auto Zone in my area they sell a make it yourself intake kit. Just buy all the bends and stuff that you will need. So I had a few extra bucks bought the pcs and a few extra just to test some stuff out. I extended the tubing around to the front bumper around the radiator and my air filter is now sitting where air flows pretty good. Pretty well covered by the fog lights too. Deffinate power change. It was more responsive than the AEM.. I advise you to save money and try this little thinger out. Its pretty cheap and a good upgrade. Later.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
my brother bought that stuff for his zetec, but i didnt like the cheapness of it, so i conviced him to just put a cone on the end of his maf. i personally for my duratec got a Marcy Motorsports CAI.

·
Premium Member
21,235 Posts
I looked at some of those parts too, but didn't see how it could all work under the hood of a D20 Focus like mine.

This thread is worthless without pics and further explanation. I'm not trying to be rude, that's just how it is.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Yup, pictures would be cool.
Quite a few of us have made our own intakes with great success.
So show off a little man. Post up some pic's to tease us with.

After that you can Dyno it and tell us what you got.

I got about 6whp out of my setup but I still need to run a stock baseline.
Using the figures from Focus Fanatic Mag. of 112whp for a D20 and my Dyno runs of 118whp I got a nice little gain for my $25.00.

·
Registered
56 Posts
post pics, i've seen the same thing. just figgered someone else had done it first.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
just picture chrome plastic couplers that resemble silicone couplers, thats about what they look like, if the michelin man made an intake this intake would resemble his body.

im not bashing this type of intake. its just.... weird....

·
Premium Member
21,235 Posts
Here you go Cruzstyle... one of my economy test homies did the fog light cold air intake mod already. It's a very good idea, and I'm sure it works great. I had an idea of my own to run some hose over to the plastic beside the radiator, and use some sort of shop vac snorkel attachment worked into the plastic on the side of the radiator. Never did it. Too lazy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts