Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
kcZTS03 said:
its a race car the really low front lip is to help with downforce and to keep air out from under the car
In that pic of the WRC i'm sure they lowered the car so it looks better, a rally car would never be that low

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
"check the persons sig right above your post lol. he has that exact kit on his S2 and it looks damn good i do like the WRC kit tho. Wings West makes it but i think its like $1500 "

Yep I just checked it out sweet!

Only diff is the other ride doesn't have the spoiler on it and they have the blacked out front light covers.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
kc, not quite. The lower the car, the less the car rolls in corners, Newtons laws baby. Objects in motion tend to stay in motion in a straight path of travel (they leave the last part off in pop culture for some reason). Centripetal force (correct spelling, another popcul disaster) causes the car's center of gravity to act like a lever and "pry" the car over, by lowering the car you are making a shorter lever and less force is the result. Lower center of gravity has a lot of added benefits, but they must be balanced with passenger comfort and vibrational requirements.

Secondly, air doesn't necessarily "lift" the car. It's all about fluid flow management. Look at your car from the side, if you take the basic outline, it looks somewhat like an airplane wing. Because the air that goes over the top goes faster than the air that goes under it, the shape causes lift... unless the engineers are good. If you can smooth out the bottom of the car, make the space between the car and the road less, controllably direct air under the car, and make the air on top of the car travel a shorter distance, you can actually make the wing turn upside down and produce downforce. look at an F1 car, check out how they do air management on those cars, they are basically complex wings turned upside dow, planes designed for the road.

NR, rally cars would be that low, for road courses.

·
Registered
405 Posts
NR said:
In that pic of the WRC i'm sure they lowered the car so it looks better, a rally car would never be that low
They run em pretty low on tarmac ....

goto www.wrc.com click multimedia and search italy, some good pics there of low rally cars.

·
Registered
809 Posts
my bad

dayum that's sexy!!!!

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
i like that kit alot NR but please, please no one put that first body kit on ur Focus unless its got some serious balls. I hate riding up on a car thats very aggresive (extremely nice looking, dont get me wrong) looking and just straight-up pulling them hard after 1st gear. With the money thats spent on the looks Id expect to get owned big time, but hardly ever happens.

·
Registered
256 Posts
CivicHatch+SVT-F said:
i like that kit alot NR but please, please no one put that first body kit on ur Focus unless its got some serious balls. I hate riding up on a car thats very aggresive (extremely nice looking, dont get me wrong) looking and just straight-up pulling them hard after 1st gear. With the money thats spent on the looks Id expect to get owned big time, but hardly ever happens.
see...i think thats whats wrong with some people. they are too single minded. SOME people dont even bother with ANY engine mods and focus only on cosmetics. some are all about the engine mods and go fast goodies. most people arent all about both and even more people cant AFFORD to be all about both. me...i am more about cosmetics. just because i want a body kit, rims and a spoiler doesnt mean i have to go out and put a turbo on my car to go along with it. i dont street race and if someone thinks that just cause i have a bunch of stuff done to my car and they wanna race...i will let them pull on me right off the line and sit there and watch as they get pulled over for street racing...[:eek:] but thats just me. i think people should do what makes them happy and everyone else should understand that and not criticize them for the decisions they make as far as their car goes. sorry for the rant...i was just kinda annoyed [thumb]

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
lol... no problems here. I dont mind the sleek/nice looking body kits. They can go on any car just to stand out from the crowd. I just dont like seeing a fully decked out (roof scoop, TT hood scoops, hude front bumper for the FMIC, etc) full on aggressive looks on cars if they dont have any balls. But, then again, it is just all a matter of opinion and that mine [thumb]

hell, focuses look pretty damn nice with a little drop, some 17/18' rims, skirts, lips, and exhaust. Same with the other person that posted just buying a blue 4 door sedan. Thats a hot looking car with the side skirts and front/rear lips.

·
Registered
809 Posts
CivicHatch+SVT-F said:
I completely see your point. in my case though, i've completely given up on street racing, shoot, i hardly ever drive fast in the street anymore, 6 tickets in less than 2 years, have taught me that (and new laws in south florida) it even worth it, so i'm pretty much i'm done with speed, (once i put udp and tb of course)after that all show no go for me[thumb]

at least until i pay it off.[:D]

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
lol... i hear ya man, im only 1 1/2 hours away from ya and i know the laws too... pretty harsh. But luckly I havent gotten any tickets (well, that are on record [;)] ) yet for racing or speeding.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts