Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
aka The Wizard
8,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i JUST got done helping Aku wire up some crazy glow....

6 12" cold cathodes...

2 4 chip superflux LEDs

4 LED rocker switches.....

onto the pics!

not the greatest shot of the backseat, but it gets the idea across

the front! omg glow!

view when sitting in the car... and your legs from about your knees down are totally lit up as well

drivers side

all 4 switches are on! (one controls the glow, the other three will be hooked up soon to other stuffs.)

comments, suggestions, etc. are welcome.

·
Registered
838 Posts
That looks really nice... I wanna do that to the inside of my car too but w/ blue (typical i know.. blah blah)

·
Sneeze
10,828 Posts
Its bright as hell in there lol!. The LEDs in the cup holders are so strong. If you stare directly at them it hurts. a lot..

·
Don't read this!
2,341 Posts
Nice, that will look sick in person! I can't wait until the drive around Hell, MI!!!!!

·
Sneeze
10,828 Posts
I need to take a picture of the switches in day light and post it up. the color of the switches matches the center console color perfectly and the switches look they could have been factory.

Just waiting on my headlights to return from snacky's place to take/post up all the exterior shots.

·
aka The Wizard
8,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
nope screw is off to the side...

theres an alignment hole DEAD center.

and easy as pie to do it once we saw that.

·
Sneeze
10,828 Posts
^^ what I<3 My ZX3 said.

Alignment hole right in the middle for the nub sticking out of the bottom of the rubber insert. Basically just drilled out that hole a bit and epoxied the LEDs in place.. I then had to cut a little hole in the rubber insert for the light to shine through.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
i would like to put LED's in the cup holders but i am one of those people who leave drinks in the cup holders... for days, the rest of the car is clean... just that mcdonalds cup that will sit there forever and ever then as soon as i take it out, it gets replaced by a fresh new cup

·
Registered
579 Posts
i would like to put LED's in the cup holders but i am one of those people who leave drinks in the cup holders... for days, the rest of the car is clean... just that mcdonalds cup that will sit there forever and ever then as soon as i take it out, it gets replaced by a fresh new cup
lol and they dont ever spill with the POS cupholders in the focus?

·
aka The Wizard
8,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
you wanna talk POS cupholders?

look at a 92 civic hatchback.

·
aka The Wizard
8,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ahh... i try to not put drinks in those if i'm gonna engage in "spirited" driving.

·
Drunkinmonkey
2,678 Posts
thats awesome man i likethe cupholders i might have to do that...but in blue

·
Sneeze
10,828 Posts
I actually tested out a macdonalds cup in the cup holders. if you have a dark beverage like a dr.pepper or a coke it doesn't work that well but with a light soda like a mt.dew or a sprite or something the cups actually still light up a bit. not as bright as a clear waterbottle obviously but it does light up.

·
Registered
658 Posts
That setup looks sweet. I plan on putting some yellow neons in my ZX3. I just hope they look as good as your setup does. What brand neons are they?

·
aka The Wizard
8,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
oznium.com

1 - 20 of 25 Posts