Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple days ago I was looking over my engine and I noticed that there was no or very little coolant in the overflow. So I took my car to my dealer and they put some coolant in my car. I did not know that the focus used the green kind. The cooland it the overflow now looks discolored. I was kinda nervous about the guy just throwing the green stuff in to the overflow. Cause before the little coolant that was in there was a yellow color and I had heard that there was a yello coolant but it was rare or just not used. so I went down to the ford place and a guy told me I do need the green kind and its good if the guy did put the green kind in. So I am thinking shit if my coolant is yellow when its suppoed to be green I could have a problem. So I am gonna give the focus a flush ASAP.

But even after I added the coolant it ran a little cooler than before so ya I have old coolant and thats no good.

Word from the not as wise to every one else that did'nt know it. Change your damn car fluids.[?|]

Also I just wanted to ask... Spark plug wires/ new spark plugs. I probably don't need them but I want them. So if you guys have an performance wires & plugs and a site that i could order them off of that would be cool.[thumb]

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
Yes coolant and all the other 'rarely' checked fluids in alot of cases, very lot, overlooked.

Spark plugs, not sure, to me they are all basically the same, sure some design changes but they ain't going to give you any BIG gains so use whatever you want there.

Either are spark plug wires. I got the STEEDA 8mm plug wires myself, FORD RACING has 9mm plug wires. There are lots of others also, run a search for 'PLUG WIRES" and you'll get lots of options..... search for "SPARK PLUGS" also and you will get some 'brand names' that way too.

·
It's been fun.......
3,042 Posts
Autolite Double platinum plugs work well with the Focus

FR, Magnecore, Steeda, etc. plug wires probably not much difference in any of them, I have the Magnecor but the FR are a little less expensive

·
Registered
966 Posts
Yes, always check all the fluids. Not just the oil.....Glad nothing wrong happened.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
jpickles said:
Yes, always check all the fluids. Not just the oil.....Glad nothing wrong happened.
Yea I know I was worryed that I would end up with a new burned out engine.

Check you damn fluids! [?|] Just bash it in to you skull. [?|] Keep [?|] Fluids [?|] up [?|] to [?|] Par.

[:D] Now all of us will remember.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh great now I have a bigger problem. I parked my car in the garage and I get home and looked under my car and there is a coolant puddle the size of my tranny on the ground. I am pissed it was not doing this untill i took it to the ford dealership to get my coolant flushed. I even watched the guy do the whole dam process. I was two feet away form the guy. Now I look up and my water pump is dripping on a cold engine at a rate of about one drop every 30 sec. these are very small drops too. I am pissed that this had to happen. But thank the lord that it is not a lifter or a valve or worse the cam's

1 - 10 of 10 Posts