Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 SE sedan. This past weekend I started to run the cables for my amp and was looking for a good ground spot in the trunk when I noticed something; Hopefully someone here will know what they are.

On the driver side of the trunk floor, there are two plastic cup-like plugs. I removed both of them, and they both seem to just go straight through the car with nothing underneath... Anyone know what these are supposed to be used for? Just want to make sure I wont be plugging up something important with my ground cable.

Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
it being only an se I'm sure you didnt get a whole hell of alot of optional stuff...I mean I know the 12's come nicely gussied up for what they are.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The person who owned the SE before me actually added lots of the SES upgrades. [woot]

But now that I think along upgrade lines, I would believe that these are mounting spots for the add on subwoofer.

Thanks for the idea.

·
Shiny Metal Titanium
3,647 Posts
It's probably the drain hole if water got into your trunk it could have a place to escape

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts

·
FocusFest Event Team
2,362 Posts
is it on the bottom floor or are you talking about the vent flaps on the sides down in the back corners?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
is it on the bottom floor or are you talking about the vent flaps on the sides down in the back corners?
Here's a picture to better show the location. Sorry it's such terrible quality, my phone sucks! [mecry]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts