Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a set of Weapon X racing harnesses about 6 months ago and having problems installing them. Aside from the fact their being installed on the stock seats cause the seats I ordered on Ebay fell through [:(!] I cant find any holes to install the 4 point harness onto. For those with or without racing seats and have installed an aftermarket seat harness; aside from drilling new holes[?|] what are my other options?

·
Focus Addict
1,245 Posts
Four point harness ? Where are you going to mount the 2 over the shoulder belts ? You need a roll bar for that dont you ?

·
Registered
525 Posts
put the seat belts in your closet...Save some money and get some seats...Install the belts after you get seats...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Zarelli6 said:
in my opinion racing harnesses are pointless unless you have racing seats. i say you look for some seats.
more than likely thats what im going to send up doing...i already asked around to see if anybody wanted to buy them...so if anybodys interested just say so

·
Focus Addict
1,245 Posts
guerro said:
Four point harness ? Where are you going to mount the 2 over the shoulder belts ? You need a roll bar for that dont you ?
???????????????????????????

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
guerro said:
???????????????????????????
No, you dont have to have a roll bar(or cage) to install them.

·
Focus Addict
1,245 Posts
ZETEC3 said:
No, you dont have to have a roll bar(or cage) to install them.
Ok, you at least need a bar running between the B pillars at door sill level to mount the 2 over the shoulder harnesses. You cant mount them to the floorboard.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
guerro said:
Ok, you at least need a bar running between the B pillars at door sill level to mount the 2 over the shoulder harnesses. You cant mount them to the floorboard.
Well you could.....it just wouldnt be the smartest thing in the world to be trying.

·
Focus Addict
1,245 Posts
ZETEC3 said:
Well you could.....it just wouldnt be the smartest thing in the world to be trying.
Yeah, it would be smart if you like having your spine compressed and having your discs ruptured.

·
Registered
990 Posts
belt mount

yes you can mount shoulder belts to the floor, but it is a recipe for disaster. a sudden impact will cause what is known as severe spinal compression as the belts compress your spine. in an extreme case can cause paralysis.

·
Registered
123 Posts
do u really need racing harnesses?bc imo if ur racing its cool,but if ur not racing why not spend the money on mods,but to mount the harnesses on stock seats might work but the fact is that u might as well wait to do that when u get some racing seats bc of all the work ur gonna end up doin for puttin the harnesses in.

·
Focus Addict
1,245 Posts
I think that the 4/5 poing haarness isnt needed until you start going fast enough to need a roll cage. And at that point you would just mount them to the cross bar of the roll bar. Good luck. We just dont want the kid doing something that will get him hurt.

·
Registered
24 Posts
hey eibach, give me ur email and i will send u pics of two apc racing seats that i am selling for $200 plus shipping. let me know ur zip and i will get a shipping price.
justin

·
Registered
990 Posts
seats

as far as i know apc makes aftermarket seays, but not racing seats. a racing seat cannot have a recline feature. it must be a fixed seat (with a brace if it is not fia rated 1999 or better).

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
zip is 30032...i had origionally planned on getting the seats and harnesses for show purposes however since i lowered my car ive been doing alot of slipping and sliding and was rethinking about whether or not i was going to sell them or not

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
I wouldn't get 4 points seat belts unless I had a roll cage but I do think they look cool If I had a really fast car I would put them in but I don't think I would need them In a Focus

·
Registered
81 Posts
Seb656 said:
I wouldn't get 4 points seat belts unless I had a roll cage but I do think they look cool If I had a really fast car I would put them in but I don't think I would need them In a Focus
Apparentely none of you have ever raced in a car with harness belts. For example, a friend of mine has 4pt harnesses for both stock seats in his Saturn SC2 and autocrossing is 100% better when you aren't bracing yourself with one leg and one elbow... :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts