Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
tried drillin a hold through my firewall but didnt turn out good and i didnt even make it through. anyone know of any easy spots to cut through or holes that i can make bigger? or easy ways of cutting through? even pics? lol let me know thanks

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
Run the power wire under the car and drill a hole in the back. Some convoluted tubing and through the frame rail is how I did mine.

Unless you got something else planned.

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
Last kid that tried to drill through the firewall ended up having to buy a new brake booster. Goofball drilled right through it. Years back though.

There really isn't a decent hole in the firewall and water is always an issue, in the back it's not as big of a deal and you can see both sides to RTV shut if need be or use a proper grommet.

Just please don't zip-tie to a fuel or brake line, big no no there.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
where at by the gas pedal, because i thought i tried there but maybe not. any pics?

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
If you have an automatic there is a hole where the clutch would be. It's just covered by a rubber piece. If you take that out you can easily drill through the plastic and it comes out to a very open spot underneath the fuse box. Good access there. I used it for my N2O install. Here's a really close up shot.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Just get an air-powered drill and some diamond tipped, titanium-bodied drill bits and get it going! hahaha.

No, but really, I think that there is a couple pilot holes on the right side of the firewall..... if I'm not mistaken...... because I think ford used the same print-out for the front clip for LHD and RHD..... but I might be wrong.... so if I am, just ignore me.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
don't think you would want to drill on the right hand side because if you have a leek, thats where the computers are at...

·
Registered
11 Posts
I drilled mine under the brake booster, ummm.... 4 - 6 inches if I remember right. but double check. dont drill through anything could be expensive.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts