Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed an FC 65mm TB today, and I'm wondering if I have broken the Throttle Position Sensor.

I have the thing in my hand right now, and when I turn the little plastic piece that rotates w/ the throttle there is no resistance, but it does stop at the two ends (doesn't go 360 degrees)

I'm thinking that it is okay, but is there supposed to be resistance when I turn it (e.g. like a spring)?

Also, that plastic piece that rotates feels a little loose. Should it be tight in there?

BTW: I know that I will be yelled at by people telling me to check the output voltage and such and that I will get a weird idle if its broken...but it's late and I'm tired and kinda pissed [rolleyes]

Here's a (rather large) picture:

·
Registered
177 Posts
i had a problem with my tps sticking... it would not move how it was supposed to and it caused crazy idle issues... i bought a brand new one on ebay for 10 bucks, and it is exactly as you described... so i think you're a.o.k.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^Thanks Joe - I appreciate the info. I'm leaning towards the notion that my TPS is okay. Will verify tomorrow & let y'all know.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
It's not spring loaded, the throttle blade spring does all the work, you should be fine unless you twisted the crap out of it (it doesn't like being forced)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts